January Transfer News - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

January Transfer News

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stokes apparently wants to come on loan at Hibs. Celtic wanting him to go to either Cardiff or ICT.

Would be a great signing for us for the second half of the season, despite his baggage.

It might all depend on if he has a sniff at the Eire team for the Euros.

Hibs would be like saying he's accepting that he's no hope whereas the others give him a chance.

can smell the fear from here!

Took me a couple of minutes to work out what you meant.

No fear mate. We'll win the league without a shadow of a doubt. We're a far better team than Hibs even if you get Stokes.

Just to clarify as well, I do think Stokes is a good player and would do well at Hibs, you just need a bit more than one player.

Took me a couple of minutes to work out what you meant.

No fear mate. We'll win the league without a shadow of a doubt. We're a far better team than Hibs even if you get Stokes.

Just to clarify as well, I do think Stokes is a good player and would do well at Hibs, you just need a bit more than one player.

A couple of results and I see you are world beaters again. :-)) There is a baw hair between us in terms of squad ability. Your boys showed some frailty pre Christmas when the pressure got ladled on. If we sign Stokes, I cant see any of your highly rated wonderkids from Accrington increasing your teams potential as much as he will for us.

Cracking next half of the season though to look forward to, plenty more ups and downs to come.

A couple of results and I see you are world beaters again. :-)) There is a baw hair between us in terms of squad ability. Your boys showed some frailty pre Christmas when the pressure got ladled on. If we sign Stokes, I cant see any of your highly rated wonderkids from Accrington increasing your teams potential as much as he will for us.

Cracking next half of the season though to look forward to, plenty more ups and downs to come.

Now you're making stuff up. Where did I say we were world beaters?

We are easily better than Hibs this season even though Hibs were better than us last season.

Unless we have a lot of injuries I can't see Hibs keeping the challenge up. You are due a sticky spell soon and your performances have been dropping although you've still picked up results. We are on the up curve again.

Time will tell.

Aberdeen reportedly keen on bringing in Cammy Bell on loan from Rangers following Danny Ward's return to Liverpool.

What's the evening express' accuracy rate on transfer rumours? They'd be lucky to be hitting 1%

Which coincidentally is Bell's shot stopping ratio!

Bit harsh. Bell made one very high profile mistake for us. He is still a pretty handy keeper. Would be a good signing for one of the diddy teams like Aberdeen.

Bit harsh. Bell made one very high profile mistake for us. He is still a pretty handy keeper. Would be a good signing for one of the diddy teams like Aberdeen.

And you probably still wonder why you have to spend hours on here trying in vain to polish sh1t!!!!

I agree. I was over critical of him when we signed him, but he was one of the few who put in half decent performances on a regular basis. Personally I would have preferred us to bring someone through from the youth ranks though.

Edited by Angus_Young

Reading and Sheffield Wednesday are lining up a move for Martyn Waghorn

They'd have to be mental.

He's had 6 months doing well in the Scottish Championship. That's not really a qualification to score goals at a higher level.

If it was me I'd wait until next January to see if he can keep it up in a higher league.