Alcohol At Works Christmas Party - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alcohol At Works Christmas Party

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't see drink as an excuse. It just let's the real you out. If you're a ###### when pished then you're probably just a ###### when sober but better at hiding it.

I definitely agree with the 1st sentence.

The second part I've seen both sides.

Definitely see folk whose ugly qualities creep out (like you knew they were mean, but it goes to another level, and they think nobody notices), but also have seen folk who just go loopy on the drink and genuinely do behave completely out of character.

Edited by sbcmfc

After 30 years in the hospitality business I thought I'd seen most things at xmas parties then on Friday night I had 20 staff in from a local hospital and their secret Santa included a game called anal ring toss ( I've already checked and you can get it on Amazon for delivery tomorrow if you order now ).

And they decided to play the game

I can't agree with that - alcohol alters the brain chemistry - some folk do and say things under the influence they very much regret.

It does alter the chemistry yes but it doesn't make you do things you don't want to do. It merely strips down the polite programming that normally blocks the bad behaviour.

Your true basic personality is seen when you're pished. Most folk don't like that because they have an inner arsehole but that's just tough.

I'm a different person when pished most folk say. In reality it's just the real me getting out for a bout of truth telling with no civilised filter on. :ok:

It does alter the chemistry yes but it doesn't make you do things you don't want to do. It merely strips down the polite programming that normally blocks the bad behaviour.

Your true basic personality is seen when you're pished. Most folk don't like that because they have an inner arsehole but that's just tough.

I'm a different person when pished most folk say. In reality it's just the real me getting out for a bout of truth telling with no civilised filter on. :ok:

Backs up the don't get too drunk at your works Christmas party.

After 30 years in the hospitality business I thought I'd seen most things at xmas parties then on Friday night I had 20 staff in from a local hospital and their secret Santa included a game called anal ring toss ( I've already checked and you can get it on Amazon for delivery tomorrow if you order now ).

WTF?

Well that's a lie right there.............

It's out of stock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manbound-SS950-16-Anal-Ring-Toss/dp/B00163I91M

Nonsense, I'm a complete khünt when I'm sober, but as nice as pie when I'm drunk :ok: .

This!!!

I spend enough time with the miserable......colleagues....day in & day out. Why the f**k would I want to go on the bevvy with them? I have proper friends for that.

I'm probably being a bit of a hypocrite given that I've worked for the same company for 19 years however out of a work force of around 200 people I can probably say that I've got about 4-5 really good mates, another 5-6 "acquaintances" and approx 190 I'd rather not spend time with if I could avoid it! Changed days from when I first started when practically every weekend and some midweek evenings were spent with folk from work (including my now wife who had the good sense to leave about ten years ago!!).

Herr Endell & I worked for a large multi-national and they had a free Christmas bevy bash for the whole office in the canteen. Jesus Christ, it was like Armageddon from 17:01hrs. The mail room was a knocking shop, half-pints of spirits were the norm and plants got pished in. It got stopped after a wee guy was found lying face down in the middle of St. Vincent Street.

Looking back on it, it was bloody ridiculous.

My best xmas do was when me and a couple of others arranged for a venga bus for the whole floor to pick us up at 4pm from the Office. Two hours getting horsed on the bus followed by a drop off at MadDogs in George Street where they were doing £1 spirit promotion till 7pm. The big office night out was in the Assembly Rooms and it was carnage.

Herr Endell & I worked for a large multi-national and they had a free Christmas bevy bash for the whole office in the canteen. Jesus Christ, it was like Armageddon from 17:01hrs. The mail room was a knocking shop, half-pints of spirits were the norm and plants got pished in. It got stopped after a wee guy was found lying face down in the middle of St. Vincent Street.

Looking back on it, it was bloody ridiculous.

Ours is usually messy, very.

This year I was at Shed 7, then went to the party after it. Was still on it on the Sunday.

A few years back we hired out the Corinthian, one of the girls who no longer works here got found under a table by the cleaners the following morning!

Used to be a Thursday night, work the next day was a riot. Normally resulted me being in the State Bar for a 3hr lunch on the Friday.

Thankfully its now a Friday night.