Paris - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why is hard for some to accept the a strand of Islam have followers who are homicidal maniacs. This is not a racist statement. Its a fact. Of course I should balance it up by saying that all religions have their cold blood murderers but who kill in the name of religion. However I don't get why people merely stating the truth are shouted down on here.

Yes - im still awaiting the board's new expert Mox's reasons for calling me an idiot for highlighting to Phart who i was referring to when i used the word extremists

Edited by Ally Bongo

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However I don't get why people merely stating the truth are shouted down on here.

Rangers are dead. They ceased to exist in 2012. They are no more. Their history vacated the premises along with their demise.

I do not expect to be shouted down for merely stating the truth.....................................but I realise that may be a fanciful expectation in this instance.

You are weird if you carried it around everywhere.

Just plain weird.

I have both my passports in my work bag all the time - travel so much i don't bother taking them out - just habit - vice versa - i get moaned at in Angola for not carrying my PP with the visa in it, cos some of the guys in past been taken to jail or fined for not carrying

Why is hard for some to accept the a strand of Islam have followers who are homicidal maniacs. This is not a racist statement. Its a fact. Of course I should balance it up by saying that all religions have their cold blood murderers but who kill in the name of religion. However I don't get why people merely stating the truth are shouted down on here.

There are strands of Christianity that are extremist and advocate killing and persecuting people for believing different things. The KKK frames itself in religious terms. Should all Christians be subject to checks they aren't KKK every time they cross a border?

Spain as well, i got stopped in Madrid by undercover police a few times with folk asking for ID.

It's true that you need it but it's extremely rare to get asked. You're either very unlucky or have one of those 'familiar' kind of faces. I don't mean a criminal face (although the joke would have been easy...).

EDIT: or you're black

Edited by thewelk

In some countries it is a legal requirement to have ID on your person at all times.

Belgium for starters.

This applies in most European countries.

I have to have photo ID with me all the time in The Netherlands.

It seems really weird though that all these nutters would carry a passport with them, and weird that all the passports apparently survived the bombs.

We should make planes out of the stuff that passports are made of, then they'd be indestructible.

Edited by Rossy

You are clearly trying to look clever so i wont encourage you by giving an answer to such a ludicrous question :ok:

However it would be interesting to hear your views on how we proceed

Appeasement ?

Clearly turning the clock back and not entering illegal wars is not an option

How do we solve where we are now ?

Are we discussing the subject or discussing the straw-man that is "me trying to be X"

The question is legitimate and the answer attempts to imply it isn't asked in good faith but merely as some sort of vanity project.

First thing we need to do is get more information. then proceed, not, suddenly dawn raiding and parachuting British Citizens into ISIS held land, you're sounding hysterical.

I'll think about it a couple of more days and then answer.

No idea, the whole middle-east is full of them at the moment. Acting on thought crimes is a bit of cognitive red-line for me though.

It's true that you need it but it's extremely rare to get asked. You're either very unlucky or have one of those 'familiar' kind of faces. I don't mean a criminal face (although the joke would have been easy...).

EDIT: or you're black

Nah, it was me and my Icelandic mate he was showing me some of the Turkish/Arabic places with all the Hookah's places. So probably thought we were down buying cannabis. I do get stopped when i travel a lot though. Everytime basically. So maybe i look guilty or a nutter.

The question is legitimate and the answer attempts to imply it isn't asked in good faith but merely as some sort of vanity project.

It depends then by what you mean by thought crimes

Preaching hate is not a thought crime

Standing on the streets with a placard saying behead all infidels/we are coming and the like is not a thought crime

Plotting to carry out terrorist attacks is not a thought crime

It depends then by what you mean by thought crimes

Preaching hate is not a thought crime

Standing on the streets with a placard saying behead all infidels/we are coming and the like is not a thought crime

Plotting to carry out terrorist attacks is not a thought crime

Indeed those are crimes and we already have avenues to deal with them. You're wanting to have a tier judicial system in which british citizens who preach hate are treated differently based on their religion. I'm not sure that is wise. That's merely my point, as can be seen if look previously in the thread.

Why weird?

In a lot of countries, being able to show ID (either passport or id card), is compulsory.

Policeman--- Hay you wearing the suicide belt where is your id?

Bomber--- Ah officer I have my passport here,will that do?

Policeman---Yes that will do nicely,on you go sir.

Policeman--- Hay you wearing the suicide belt where is your id?

Bomber--- Ah officer I have my passport here,will that do?

Policeman---Yes that will do nicely,on you go sir.

It does seem strange at first glance, but do you need to carry ID in Paris? If so, maybe these guys were carrying passports for that very reason, so that if they were stopped, they could produce their ID and be on their way to their targets with minimum fuss. Why risk the plan being scuppered for the sake of carrying a passport? Edited by redstevie007

The false alarm was some neds setting off bangers. No doubt looking for a YouTube hit.

Went out for a walk today around the notre dame area. Everything felt normal (despite the large number of TV vans and police...) so when I watch sky news now hearing about that 'city on edge', 'floods of tears', 'nervousness in the air' I can't relate to it at all. These c**ts want people to terrified.