Paris - Page 21 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I think I've misunderstood you. Thought you were very reasonable in the past but your lack of understanding or constant fishing is pretty crap / verging on arrogant nonsense.

Sorry to disappoint but when I read the utter b*llox that I have been reading recently it gets to the stage I have no patience for it.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit in bold is key. Without wanting to channel MacTaz, Im pretty sure than there would have been quite a few Iranians who couldnt care less about Paris, or Beirut.

I would imagine so - I was merely pointing out that it is not the distance that is the issue

Sorry to disappoint but when I read the utter b*llox that I have been reading recently it gets to the stage I have no patience for it.

Looking back red Steve is fishing too. All seems a bit petty... I do understand where you are coming from but your bluntness is maybe not the best. Edited by Serbo69

I would imagine so - I was merely pointing out that it is not the distance that is the issue

Of course it will be for some.

I think Rossy mentioned Lockerbie, which was more shocking than the Air Malaysia plane which was hit by a missile in Ukraine, which is more shocking than the Air Asia plane which crashed off Indonesia.

Its a free world, not everyone thinks the same, and like it or not, its perfectly logical for some to quantify these terrible occurrences by how close to home they are.

Of course it will be for some.

I think Rossy mentioned Lockerbie, which was more shocking than the Air Malaysia plane which was hit by a missile in Ukraine, which is more shocking than the Air Asia plane which crashed off Indonesia.

And that is something I just don't get no matter how many ways people try to explain it.

Yes it is a free world but I think those of us that think that all these events are equally shocking have a duty to try to point out they are actually all equally shocking regardless of how far away geographically they occur. I for one cannot just say nothing. Maybe if more people actually felt strongly about all human tragedy we might end up with a better world for all of us.

Bit in bold is key. Without wanting to channel MacTaz, Im pretty sure than there would have been quite a few Iranians who couldnt care less about Paris, or Beirut.

You, phart, PiaK etc do care, others dont, the same as some Iranians, same the world over.

Talking of which where is mactaz. Would have thought he would have been on here sounding the war drums and wanting us all to head to syria tooled up

Looking back red Steve is fishing too. All seems a bit petty... I do understand where you are coming from but your bluntness is maybe not the best.

What makes you think I'm fishing? Lamia thinks I'm talking 'utter bollocks' and I'm attempting to explain why I, and others too, are finding a terrorist attack just a few hundred miles away more conversation worthy than one that took place 2 and a half thousand miles away. No fishing on my part, and I don't think Lamia is either, we're just struggling to see others point.

I wonder as well if we are so used to hearing about explosions and deaths in the middle East that we have become mentally numb to it. To the media its not headline news as it has happened so often. Don't get me wrong I think it is just as tragic as Paris especially when you hear some of the stories that have come out but as we are not used to terrorist attacks in Paris or the west in general that it becomes more shocking hence the out pouring of solidarity with france

Talking of which where is mactaz. Would have thought he would have been on here sounding the war drums and wanting us all to head to syria tooled up

That would be stupid.

ISIS want foreign troops on the ground.

We should carpet bomb Syria with chemical weapons and then nuke Mecca a couple of times

That would be stupid.

We should carpet bomb Syria with chemical weapons and then nuke Mecca a couple of times

Care to read my earlier posts. If you note here I am asking where a particular member was and guesstimating what he would be saying on this thread.

That would be stupid.

So what now? We declare Molenbeek a hub of Islamic extremism, invade Belgium and therefore secure for future generations the world's finest supply of chocolate? :blink:

Edited by redstevie007

So what now? We declare Molenbeek a hub of Islamic extremism, invade Belgium and therefore secure for future generations the world's best supply of chocolates? :blink:

Not to mention cherry beer

I dare say there are more no go extremist areas than just Molenbeek around Europe

Edited by Ally Bongo