Paris - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say they thought long and hard about it - absolute pish

Sensationalism at it's worst to sell papers

Imagine you were the relative or a friend of those killed

Just another rag like the rest

I think it's a terrible front page but I have to disagree. They must know this will not sell papers - they're far more likely to see a substantial cut in sales tomorrow IMO. Not that I know what they are going through, but if I lost someone in Paris, I doubt a newspaper front page would ever register on the anger, distress, and sadness I was going through. If anything, I'd probably be vengeful and rightly or wrongly, I probably wouldn't complain that it might make people want to share in my anger and need for vengeance. I dont know. It's a brutal front page and a major misjudgement, but I dont think it's sensationalism. I wont be buying it for one. And that's where the real problem is - I wont be reading what could be really good analysis.

Slowly working my way back through the thread (when there is a big fight on during the night i have to take a nap now, otherwise i fall asleep, getting old). Yeah when i say lebanon flag it's not in a judgement of the individual but to the paltry news service. Also to make folk aware they aren't always getting good information, in fact often it is bad information.

I don't sit and google news though. Although i generally go to people who aren't learning the news at the same time as me as they read it off a tele-prompter.

Lastly everyone is responsible a little bit for the quality of information they use. You never know when it could come and bite you on the bum.

I dont disagree. Im just making clear the vast majority, rightly or wrongly, live downstream from those with power and information. It is hugely difficult to get them all good quality information. I've spent the last 24 hours raging at our media. :(

Nobody, even the most pious, rushes to make thread about the latest atrocity in beirut because they couldn't care enough to do it but will all rush to comment with mock indignation when folk write anything about another that happens to folk they can relate.

######ing pathetic.

Is there some sort of link between piety and making threads on the TAMB? Nobody and All, very inclusive of you. Although only about a handful of folk are even talking about it.

nobody else obviously cares enough about it either.

When did posting on the TAMB become a metric of caring? If i had to make a post about every suicide bomber or everytime someone shot more than one person. I'd be making several posts everyday. Making folk aware that the media pick and choose what they let folk know about atrocities is maybe a good idea, considering the drums of war beat once more.

There's an easy and worthy way to react to all of this: Get up early and shell out for new car that runs off an electric battery.

If you don't then you're as complicit as the ISIS s that murdered everyone in Paris on Friday.

Petrol maintains the status quo.If you won't make the change to electric then how can the situation change?

There's an easy and worthy way to react to all of this: Get up early and shell out for new car that runs off an electric battery.

If you don't then you're as complicit as the ISIS s that murdered everyone in Paris on Friday.

Petrol maintains the status quo.If you won't make the change to electric then how can the situation change?

Not a patch on

" I do agree with the house stealing point - look at the trajectory of their approach; they leave Damascus and run in a straight line right at me.

It makes me sick and if they aren't planning on squatting in my home can only think they are planning an atrocity.

I give thanks to the Hungarians for having the bottle to tear gas their kids to keep me safe"

Too much truth not enough daftness.

Aye, casual and outright racism all over mine too. Seen a few people for what they are and my friends list has got smaller as a result.

No really people on my friends to be fair, just friends if friends. There are s few on my list who are teetering though

The news reporting on this ceased to be useful around lunchtime yesterday, once the number of casualties were known.

They've all now moved onto the speculation and grief junky stage, where all they can do is get 'experts' on to give meaningless opinions, before searching around for bubbling teenagers and piles of flowers. Throw in a picture of the Sydney Opera House in French flag colours and TV coverage is complete.

Happening already.

Syrian passport found on one of the suicide bombers.

It was either that or they knew of the risk these French nationals held but they went dark...

Channel 4's Jon Snow tweeting that Paris police sources say the passports were fakes probably made in Turkey.

Need to start taking drastic action now instead of pussing about the issue

All known radicals HAVE to be deported

Mosques that are known to have extreme islamic preachings have to be closed

Edited by Ally Bongo

Need to start taking drastic action now instead of pussing about the issue

All known radicals HAVE to be deported

Mosque's that are known to have extreme islamic preachings have to be closed

I'm only asking the question - but deport to where if they are British/French born 2nd/3rd generation ?

I'm only asking the question - but deport to where if they are British/French born 2nd/3rd generation ?

They can have a choice of any Islamic country they wish

Watched an Isis video earlier where they are claiming its Russia next. Brutal video and regret pressing play.

I made that mistake with one of their videos a year or so ago. Switched it off after two minutes. I'd advise against watching their stuff as it will never leave your head.