Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal

Debian

gary mcallister must be a stick on if they go with him being let go at liverpool, hope he doesn't do any penalty coaching....

You maybe joking but he has one of the best penalty records in football. I believe he only ever missed 2. Let's not forget if he hadn't scored one in Minsk we would have missed out on France 98.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news. Constant managerial changes have proven no use to use so we need some longer-term stability. There has been a drastic improvement in player attitude and feel good factor since Strachan took the helm.

Of course it's a results driven game but perhaps we just need to accept that we're not a tournament team anymore.

Good news. Constant managerial changes have proven no use to use so we need some longer-term stability. There has been a drastic improvement in player attitude and feel good factor since Strachan took the helm.

Of course it's a results driven game but perhaps we just need to accept that we're not a tournament team anymore.

just give up

McDange, on 15 Oct 2015 - 1:16 PM, said:

"feel-good" factor.

You feel good about our team? A pishy draw in dublin, a defeat to a team ranked over 150 in the world and schoolboy defending costing us 2 points vs Poland. You feel good about that?

"feel-good" factor.

You feel good about our team? A pishy draw in dublin, a defeat to a team ranked over 150 in the world and schoolboy defending costing us 2 points vs Poland. You feel good about that?

Compared to last campaign and under Burley & Levein - absolutely. There was the chance we could make it almost to the very end. Previous campaigns were lost right away. Player attitude has clearly improved, just look at the number of call offs compared to previous managers. A draw in Dublin was hardly a disaster - remember ROI were drawn as the Pot 2 team, we were drawn from Pot 4. The Georgia game ultimately cost us this campaign.

"feel-good" factor.

I couldn't believe it when 12000 fans were applauding them at the end of the Gibraltar game. :blink: Fkin mental.

Compared to last campaign and under Burley & Levein - absolutely. There was the chance we could make it almost to the very end. Previous campaigns were lost right away. Player attitude has clearly improved, just look at the number of call offs compared to previous managers. A draw in Dublin was hardly a disaster - remember ROI were drawn as the Pot 2 team, we were drawn from Pot 4. The Georgia game ultimately cost us this campaign.

Did Burley and Levein not take it to the last game for a chance of a playoff spot? This time we were out with 1 game still to play.

McDange, on 15 Oct 2015 - 1:39 PM, said:

If we'd won away in Spain under Leveing we'd have got a play-off. Burley had the same about beating Holland IIRC.

Levein hardly had any call offs and we got the same crap about great squad morale under him as you're spouting now.

Orraloon, on 15 Oct 2015 - 1:42 PM, said:

I couldn't believe it when 12000 fans were applauding them at the end of the Gibraltar game. :blink: Fkin mental.

I can assure you that 12000 fans were not!! It was the same at the Poland game, i was storming up the stiars to leave fuming at our shitey defending and loads of fecking idiots are clapping. Some times you get the team you deserve, those idiots deserve a shite team.

I feel the rage. Some of you want to calm down a bit. We were a bit unlucky and you are charging up the stair. Did u go and lie in a dark room. I slowly walked home. Feeling sick and went for a couple of pints. No tantrums from me.

1ANDYP, on 15 Oct 2015 - 2:24 PM, said:

I feel the rage. Some of you want to calm down a bit. We were a bit unlucky and you are charging up the stair. Did u go and lie in a dark room. I slowly walked home. Feeling sick and went for a couple of pints. No tantrums from me.

Only a numpty could think we were "unlucky". We played and defended shitely. Losing a goal late on isn't "unlucky".

Nah man, i drove to East Midlands Airport and flew out to Faro for the next game. No tantrums from me either.

I'm still gutted by our failure to qualify, can't get it out of my head, however I think Strachan has done more good than bad since he came in and deserves another shot. We are certainly a better team to watch and while that maybe doesn't count for much, we at least look like scoring against any side now, that wasn't the case before.

I'm still gutted by our failure to qualify, can't get it out of my head, however I think Strachan has done more good than bad since he came in and deserves another shot. We are certainly a better team to watch and while that maybe doesn't count for much, we at least look like scoring against any side now, that wasn't the case before.

Except Georgia.... and some others...

You maybe joking but he has one of the best penalty records in football. I believe he only ever missed 2. Let's not forget if he hadn't scored one in Minsk we would have missed out on France 98.

i know he had a good record but he must have missed more than 2, he skied his one prior to euro 96.

i know he had a good record but he must have missed more than 2, he skied his one prior to euro 96.

Malta at Ibrox in 93ish and at Wembley in 96 is only 2 I recall him missing. Only others ones I can think of are CIS at Euro 92 and think he got a couple in the Euro 92 qualification campaign.

If we'd won away in Spain under Leveing we'd have got a play-off. Burley had the same about beating Holland IIRC.

Levein hardly had any call offs and we got the same crap about great squad morale under him as you're spouting now. I can assure you that 12000 fans were not!! It was the same at the Poland game, i was storming up the stiars to leave fuming at our shitey defending and loads of fecking idiots are clapping. Some times you get the team you deserve, those idiots deserve a shite team.

Are you Craig Burley in disguise?

So what was with all those who were saying last week that Strachan and Levein had identical records??

A guy was telling me that there was only one game between them. I wasn't sure if he had made it up or not. Was he talking about competitive games, perhaps? I don't know.