Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal

Debian

Darren Fletcher has barely played? Hutton is our best option at right back.

Theast one depends if Scott Brown returns to his normal self.

This is what am getting at though.

Some fans are reluctant to see Fletcher, Brown or Hutton dropped because they remember all the great games they have played for us in the past but refuse to admit that they are all in decline now.

In my opinion their time is up and it's we should replace them.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would maybe give Hutton one more campaign as there are not many options at right back.

Fletcher and Brown though, yeah I would agree that their time is up. We have plenty of options in midfield now. Brown is looking at the coaching side at Celtic along with his playing duties. Strachan should make this decision for Brown. He hasn't got the legs anymore.

Yes GS needs to have a look at himself and consider what needs to change. He seems to be far too close to the senior players.

Have a feeling he has been giving a new contract because of the Faro fan reaction and his popularity compared with Levein. He did get the team playing better stuff and is popular with the players but I'm not convinced that he has that knack of grinding out wins when it counts.

Ofc I'm still backing him and the team 100% and hope things change for the better.

Edited by Saint4805

Yes GS needs to have a look at himself and consider what needs to change. He seems to be far too close to the senior players.

Have a feeling he has been giving a new contract because of the Faro fan reaction and his popularity compared with Levein. He did get the team playing better stuff and is popular with the players but I'm not convinced that he has that knack of grinding out wins when it counts.

Ofc I'm still backing him and the team 100% and hope things change for the better.

Some of the stuff strachan says has already got me worried, his constant attempts to take pressure off the players doesn't work, if the players can't handle the pressure of big games in qualifying then they should be there.

More importantly strachan said that the fans in faro were applauding the efforts of the players for this campaign. Were they really? If so the. I don't know who's more mental, those applauding or the manager. I didn't see much in the way off effort on Georgia or arguably the Ireland away match. If that campaign is acceptable to the fans and manager I can't see anything improving next year.