Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gordon Strachan Signs A New 4 Year Deal

Debian

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all a bit deja vu, is it no? I wonder if all the folk who were desperate to get rid of Levien will be as desperate to get rid of Strachan? Their records are pretty much identical.

Levein was a self professed visionary...

Why do some people on here think it is Strachan's fault if we lost a goal in the 2nd minute of the Poland game? And how can he be responsible for the late Poland equaliser on the 94th minute?

He surely made one mistake in Georgia when we played for the draw, but except it and don't think he's responsible of something.

He must do with average players.

I think there is a health problem in Scotland too. Look at Glasgow at 4:00 in the morning on Saturday and Sunday. They surely have the same problem in England, but they have far more ressources.

Been pretty obvious watching us since Strachan took over that we been improved under his regime...Georgia apart which was horrible....3 points there and we would have a play off which would have been perfectly acceptable. There will be more bumps in the road and we just don't have any top quality players but virtually all the tartan army are right behind WGS and that's no happened for many a year. Onwards and upwards and firmly believe we can get to world cup ??

but virtually all the tartan army are right behind WGS and that's no happened for many a year.

Are we? He isn't hated like Burley and Levein, that's all.

He has been a failure, quite possibly an abject failure. I don't think he will turn it round, but hope he does.

I for one don't buy into the whole 'In Gord we trust' nonsense.

Are we? He isn't hated like Burley and Levein, that's all.

He has been a failure, quite possibly an abject failure. I don't think he will turn it round, but hope he does.

I for one don't buy into the whole 'In Gord we trust' nonsense.

I agree here.

We were actually quite close to qualifying.if you look at the outcomes of some games. So near so far maybe.

Cmon now, you're at it right?

Levein said we were doing well in Prague til they scored. People can say any old crap as long as it suits them.

If we'd won away in Spain under Leveing we'd have got a play-off. Burley had the same about beating Holland IIRC.

Levein hardly had any call offs and we got the same crap about great squad morale under him as you're spouting now. I can assure you that 12000 fans were not!! It was the same at the Poland game, i was storming up the stiars to leave fuming at our shitey defending and loads of fecking idiots are clapping. Some times you get the team you deserve, those idiots deserve a shite team.

OK 11,997.

Cmon now, you're at it right?

Levein said we were doing well in Prague til they scored. People can say any old crap as long as it suits them.

if we won the total up v Georgia and hung on against poland we would have.not that far away.if ireland never got a freak result v germany we would be in play off. Not that far away. Suppose it's a fine line. But we were not as bad as folk are making out. Close games with well matched teams.

Still rankles me ( and other folk likely) with Gogs bit about " I've spoke to people who understand football after Georgia game and they all agree we did enough not to lose "

Levein would have been crucified for that after Czech game

Not to mention the "real people" classic

Glad he's staying on.

There have been mistakes, and I hope he is willing to change out of form players as he does have his favourites. Not qualifying is a major blow though, there's no denying that and the last few results in the campaign were so dissapointing, but on the scale of it and from Levein it's night and day, and we are a better side.

Maybe I'm celebrating failure or a big sook, but it wasn't really until after the Gibraltar game that I really wanted him to stay. His interviews fresh after that game really struck with me how happy/passionate and proud he is to be our coach. Sure if that were the qualifications, we would all be Scotland managers, but although the dip in form at the end is worrying - I think the heartache (AGAIN) will push us on to the WC qualifying.