5 Withdraw From Gib Squad - No Reasons Given - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 Withdraw From Gib Squad - No Reasons Given

McExpat

I was talking to Mulgrew on Thurs, total good guy and carrying an injury.

This has to be just about the most uninspiring game in our history hasn't it? certainly wouldn't be surprised if any are looking for an escape route tbh... shame about Rhodes tho, thought he might be able to score a few hundred with the pressure off.

No Griffiths or Rhodes means we'll get more of Fletcher up front.

So we'll not be trying anything new when we have the perfect opportunity.

This group couldn't end on more of a low unless we somehow manage to lose.

No Griffiths or Rhodes means we'll get more of Fletcher up front.

So we'll not be trying anything new when we have the perfect opportunity.

This group couldn't end on more of a low unless we somehow manage to lose.

No doubt Naismith, Maloney will play and score and that will get them a starting place for the next important game, when ever that is ,

Strachan needs to give others a chance,

We have been here before, haven't we? We have went through spells where call-offs were the norm, I hope this isn't going to be the case next campaign.

But maybe that sums us up now, a nation of fearties and quitters. Unable to put that extra bit of effort in when needed. Rather than bust a gut for the team, best to hold back. Terrified to take that extra step to achieve our goals. Unable to say "Yes, we can do this. Yes, we deserve to be there".

I would rather they went across there for a couple of days in the sun, had a couple of beers, then went out and showed what they are capable of.

I'm not sure introducing a load of youngsters will gets us anywhere near a solution.

This game is dead, just let those who are willing have a lust hurrah. We won't actually learn anything by playing Gibraltar in a meaningless game. Let those who won't be around next time, have a chance to either put in a performance and give the fans a wave to say cheerio, to bring the curtain down on this sorry campaign.

I respect players leaving for injuries but how are these drop outs going to stake a claim for the starting 11 if they don't have the commitment and patience to get a run out. This Gibraltar game is an opportunity.

If they aren't interested then they can sod off!

I can only assume Strachan has told them they're not playing in which case is disappointing.

Doubt that very much. There is no way he is going to tell the players who is, or is not, playing, before they even fly out. I think it is more a case of petted lips, which, if true, does not bode well for the commitment of some of these guys to the long term cause.

This game should be seen as a huge opportunity for the "fringe players" to stake a claim.

Think the clubs will be having there say. Some of these players are playing great club football. And next transfer window not too far away, so why risk your 5-12 million pound asset?

Really disappointed in Rhodes withdrawal. But he got a niggleing injury last season so why chance it. I'll forgive him this time if it means a Epl step up.