Bbc Debate 14Th September - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bbc Debate 14Th September

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight on the BBC Referendum Debate, presenter James Cook revealed he was sent a Treasury briefing on RBS without requesting it - and before an announcement had been made by the bank itself.

The First Minister is now demanding full disclosure from the Treasury...........

Generating more heat than light. Each answer cheered or booed according to whose side you're on. Probably a score draw?

Most of the arguments seemed familiar ground. But interesting that BBC bias made it on to the agenda.

Ruth Davidson's response to the BBC protests was not to consider if there was a problem with how our democracy is working, but saw it as a campaign advantage for them, that all those people were not out there persuading voters.

Edited by exile

Thanks to Olas for the link, it worked perfectly!

Deary me that was poor.

Was I the only one who felt that the noise levels (showing favour to NO) were far louder than an audience of that size should be producing?

Not the only one. And where did the banging come from? Were grown adults stamping their feet after every question they liked the answer to?

Not being paranoid but I did wonder if there were more audience members the camera never panned to.

Not the only one. And where did the banging come from? Were grown adults stamping their feet after every question they liked the answer to?

Not being paranoid but I did wonder if there were more audience members the camera never panned to.

I wondered about that, although from the closing shots of the audience it would appear not.

It was that loud on occasion I initially thought there were another couple of sections behind the one we could see.

Liked the angry boy in the red t-shirt. Could see him giving that toady Alexander a bleaching!! Actually he had the rabbit in the headlights look when that report was mentioned.

Good analogy ,that's Alexanders weakness .he panics ,goes bright red and starts taking gulps of water.You just know when he is lying which is everytime he has to answer a question that he doesn't know is coming.

That will hopefully be that last of Davidson on our screens forever.p45 on Friday.Proud of Britain f@ck off

Good analogy ,that's Alexanders weakness .he panics ,goes bright red and starts taking gulps of water.You just know when he is lying which is everytime he has to answer a question that he doesn't know is coming.

That will hopefully be that last of Davidson on our screens forever.p45 on Friday.Proud of Britain f@ck off

I'd say it's more every time he inhales and exhales.

nothing but scorn from the no side - any people on my facebook who are not close friends and are no, are gettting cleansed off, even if its a yes vote

Sums up my experience too. I find it incredibly sad that they have contributed so little and it makes me even more fearful if it is a no vote because the No's don't actually think there is anything wrong with the way things are and will not push with the rest of us.

I have had so many throw away remarks involving kilts, haggis and braveheart I have lost count not to mention the scoffing of the whole idea that we may actually be capable of governing ourselves. If that isn't the response then it is pure anger.

:(