Cricket 2024 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket 2024

Hertsscot

Jimmy Anderson just announced his retirement from test cricket. Absolutely phenomenal career. As a fast bowler to have managed to play the amount of matches he has is quite incredible. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sco 90-0

10 overs

Pinged for four to end the over!

That means England's target from 10 overs is 109.

Tasty.

Solid win for Scotland against Namibia. If we beat Oman on Sunday I think it’s a good achievement. Still unlikely we will qualify but at least we will go into the last match with a shout. 

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Cracking win on the cards for Scotland with plenty of overs to spare. All good for the net run rate.

That was a superb run chase by Scotland. They have a real chance of making it to the Super 8.

7 hours ago, Tazz said:

That was a superb run chase by Scotland. They have a real chance of making it to the Super 8.

Yes it was. They have one match left to play against Australia. A win and they are through as group winners and even if they lose with a healthy run rate then England would need to thrash Oman and Namibia hugely to pip us to second.

Isn't it funny that usually Cricket is front page news and the headline sports story on the BBC

It's been bumped to page 3 with the tits now there is a chance Scotland could knock out England

England absolutely scud Oman in probably the most one sided match ever.  Means if they beat Namibia and we lose to Australia that England will now likely qualify for the Super 8.

On 6/14/2024 at 12:51 PM, Fairbairn said:

England absolutely scud Oman in probably the most one sided match ever.  Means if they beat Namibia and we lose to Australia that England will now likely qualify for the Super 8.

And they beat Namibia as well. Scotland now must beat Australia to go through to the Super 8s.

On 6/16/2024 at 11:26 AM, EddardStark said:

Tired of hard luck stories but I don’t think this team could have done any better. Pushed Australia all the way. 

They played good enough cricket to qualify for the Super 8 stage but England's huge win over Oman made all the difference.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 7:14 PM, EddardStark said:

Going to Trent Bridge tomorrow for day 1 of the 2nd Test. Hope the West Indies turn up this time. 

I know we lament the state of Scotland's national football team but probably pales in comparison to the Windies cricket team. When I was a teenager they were the Superpower, incredible batsmen (Lloyd, Greenidge, Richards) and ferocious bowlers (Holding, Marshall, Garner). The decline must be heart breaking if you're a fan.

6 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I know we lament the state of Scotland's national football team but probably pales in comparison to the Windies cricket team. When I was a teenager they were the Superpower, incredible batsmen (Lloyd, Greenidge, Richards) and ferocious bowlers (Holding, Marshall, Garner). The decline must be heart breaking if you're a fan.

Even their 2nd edition with Lara, Walsh and Ambrose etc was something special. The best players from the Caribbean now concentrate on the world 20/20 circuit, given most of their economic backgrounds it’s fully understandable. The test team has suffered greatly as a result of this unfortunately