The Sky Sports Super League - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Sky Sports Super League

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

boy who scored winner against arsenal played for Hutchison Vale

Club career[edit]

Born in Grindavík, Alfreð played for Grindavík youth teams while also spending two years of his childhood in the Scottish capital Edinburgh while his father studied in the city.[3] Alfreð played for boys' club Hutchison Vale and became a fan of Hibernian Football Club. [3]easaains

Club career[edit]

Born in Grindavík, Alfreð played for Grindavík youth teams while also spending two years of his childhood in the Scottish capital Edinburgh while his father studied in the city.[3] Alfreð played for boys' club Hutchison Vale and became a fan of Hibernian Football Club. [3]easaains

He also played against the dons at Pittodrie last season for Real Sociedad....i am sure Celtic tried to sign him a couple of years ago too

I know the over hype the EPL but this is mental. They have so many good players Arsenal and chealsa. You expect the big boys to beat them but this is getting silly. Porto and Olymi... Olympics. .. olllymollydo.. that Greek lot, they should be putting them to bed shurley?

Club career[edit]

Hibs class

The Europa League, could, if Englands finest can pick up a few points somewhere, be about to become the best, most exciting Europa League in the world.

Stolen from Barney Ronay in the Guardian.

What a sad and bitter thread

Embarrassing

So laughing at others misfortune is sad and bitter now?

You do know that for the last 4 or 5 years that would cover almost all of the comments about Rangers on this forum?

So you'll be just as sad and bitter as everyone else then.

Unless you haven't ever laughed at Rangers problems?

Your teams are shite, Arsenal pumped again, Chelsea beat as well.

Think thats 5 defeats out of 6 so far, most enjoyable. :wave:

If i were you I would concentrate on changing the perception of what is often called the the Scottish Pointless League, because whether you like it or not the EPL is probably the most popular league on the planet. And for the avoidance of doubt I probably enjoyed arsenal and Chelski getting turned over just as much as you ;-)

So laughing at others misfortune is sad and bitter now?

You do know that for the last 4 or 5 years that would cover almost all of the comments about Rangers on this forum?

So you'll be just as sad and bitter as everyone else then.

Unless you haven't ever laughed at Rangers problems?

iv nae interest in rangers (check my posts) so no I'm not sad and bitter er..... good point tho

I know the over hype the EPL but this is mental. They have so many good players Arsenal and chealsa. You expect the big boys to beat them but this is getting silly. Porto and Olymi... Olympics. .. olllymollydo.. that Greek lot, they should be putting them to bed shurley?

Arsenal should have if they fielded a halfway competent defence and their only decent out and out striker hadn't got himself suspended in Zagreb.

Even then they missed a couple of glorious chances.

Only themselves to blame for this one.

The Italian clubs aren't doing well enough to overtake them.

I saw something last night that said the gap between the two coefficients had increased (so far this season), not sure of the veracity but looks like the race for the 4th place trophy will carry on strong for a wee while yet.

I saw something last night that said the gap between the two coefficients had increased (so far this season), not sure of the veracity but looks like the race for the 4th place trophy will carry on strong for a wee while yet.

How many Italian teams are in it this season? I think it's only two. If that's the case The gap will have increased as bonus points are awarded just for qualifying for the group stages.

Teams can also pick up bonus points for getting to the last 16 as well.

Edited by Angus_Young

Ah, ok, that would make sense. Although, after one and a half matchdays it does seem a bit early to be writing English football's obituary. Citeh are up against Gladbach tonight with every chance of taking all three points - Gladbach have benefited from the "new manager bounce" that we so often see, but with players returning from injury could struggle in their 2nd game in three/four days.

I hope the home side win through this one, to keep the run going, but after feeling confident about the result last night, I'm now not so sure, this morning. Hopefullly the confidence returns when see the team line ups.