Refugee Crisis - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Refugee Crisis

Intreating think tank came up with the thought that if you are going to take Refugees, take the ones who HAVE trekked thousands of miles, got across boarders and speak English, as they are the exact type of enterprising people that you want in your country.

J

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intreating think tank came up with the thought that if you are going to take Refugees, take the ones who HAVE trekked thousands of miles, got across boarders and speak English, as they are the exact type of enterprising people that you want in your country.

J

They are the ones with a bit of "get up and go". Actually quite a lot of it.

But if that did happen & we were fleeing to a place of refuge, would we go to England or try to get to Saudi/Qatar/UAE etc? illegally & refusing to register anywhere on the way?

Most people in the UK would want to go to USA / Canada / Australia / New Zealand regardless of France / Germany etc being closer.

But if that did happen & we were fleeing to a place of refuge, would we go to England or try to get to Saudi/Qatar/UAE etc? illegally & refusing to register anywhere on the way?

I'd want to get to a place where i could find work and provide for my family. Rather than register in the first country possible and be held in a squalid holding camp because the country has no additional capacity in the short term, due to hundreds of thousands of refugees already being there.

I'd want to get to a place where i could find work and provide for my family. Rather than register in the first country possible and be held in a squalid holding camp because the country has no additional capacity in the short term, due to hundreds of thousands of refugees already being there.

Stop being silly,you stay in those camps and you enjoy them. No ambitions please.

The question comes as to how do we determine the genuine refugees without holding camps. If we let folk in and then work out if they are genuine or not most of those who are not will disappear before they can be deported. For all holding camps can be horendus I can't see any other way where we can work out who is genuine and who is not. Not trying to be controversial or say we can't take anyone but on the same hand we can't just open our borders

The question comes as to how do we determine the genuine refugees without holding camps. If we let folk in and then work out if they are genuine or not most of those who are not will disappear before they can be deported. For all holding camps can be horendus I can't see any other way where we can work out who is genuine and who is not. Not trying to be controversial or say we can't take anyone but on the same hand we can't just open our borders

What do you think would happen if we did?

It's estimated that 30,000 Scottish born folk leave Scotland every year to try to earn a living in all parts of the globe. Most folk don't seem to complain too much about that. To me it seems only fair and sensible that we allow at least that number to come here from other parts of the world. Our gene pool could do with a bit of refreshing.

For the next few years we could give some sort of preferential treatment to folk coming here from countries which have been ####ed up, partly due to the actions of our Westminster government.

It doesn't mean they should get to choose where the settle which is what seems to be the current mindset of many e.g. what's now happening in Denmark.

Why should folk from, say Scotland, be allowed to go abroad and work pretty much anywhere they want and these folk can't. Are we inherently better than them and deserving of better treatment?

Why should folk from, say Scotland, be allowed to go abroad and work pretty much anywhere they want and these folk can't. Are we inherently better than them and deserving of better treatment?

The vast majority of the people who leave Scotland will have a legal right to live and work in the country they move to. And as for the "are we inherently better than them and deserving of better treatment" that just sensationalist nonsense, the issue isn't the people it the process that they are using.

The vast majority of the people who leave Scotland will have a legal right to live and work in the country they move to. And as for the "are we inherently better than them and deserving of better treatment" that just sensationalist nonsense, the issue isn't the people it the process that they are using.

So, do we have more legal rights than these foreigners? Are you OK with that.

Why should it be much easier for us to migrate, in search off a better life, than it is for them?

Cracking stuff from the twittering classes this afternoon. The Tory guy authorised the extra-judicial assassination of a British citizen by drone strike but wears a nice suit so he's basically OK. Meanwhile Corbyn is treated as if he's dancing on the graves of the war dead because his top button is undone.

Edited by neilser

Cracking stuff from the twittering classes this afternoon. The Tory guy authorised the extra-judicial assassination of a British citizen by drone strike but wears a nice suit so he's basically OK. Meanwhile Corbyn is treated as if he's dancing on the graves of the war dead because his top button is undone.

Think you might have strayed into the wrong thread with that one?