Tamb Running Thread - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Get some 'Before & After' pics posted.

Based on your current weight you have lost well over 50% of your body weight.

You are half the man you were Cove but this time it is not a bad a thing it is the best thing.

You must feel like a ballerina moving about compared to your previous self.

edit: Think how much strain you have taken off your heart not having to circulate all that dead weight? Amazing.

Edited by thplinth

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed my run tonight. It seems the intervals i've been doing on the treadmill (mainly to get more out my runs, in less time (as treadmills are mind-numbingly dull)) have really helped get my pace down.

Was previously averaging around 7:15/mile but on my run tonight i was at 6:49/mile. Was only a 5 mile run but i'm hopeful of pushing on with this pace to a 10k.

If i can get under 42 mins for my 10k then i'll think about doing a half marathon. I've no interest in doing one if i'm not going to be close to 1 hr 30 mins.

Yep.

Edinburgh in May.

On my birthday actually.

I'm doing it too and will also be my first.

I think I actually met you in Prague at the friendly game a few years ago (you were a bit more recognisable back then if you don't mind me saying!). Wouldn't recognise you anymore now though!! Amazing effort of which you should be very proud

I did the Berlin Marathon a few weeks ago, and was an incredible experience! - Like many, I got knocked back for the 2014 London Marathon, so applied for Berlin and got in! The heat was a killer, and I struggled the last 8 miles, but enjoyed most of it - box ticked, and now to find a different challenge