Tamb Running Thread - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Run Director for the first time today at Perth - there is a lot of work done before and after these events to ensure they run smoothly!

A fat bassa myself and going to do my first actual Parkrun run next week as a start to shifting some of the lard.

Anyone else had any experience of intercostal muscle strain, bascially strained muscles in ribs, uncomfortable to say the least.

Yeah had something similar a few years back. Bit of a nightmare. Was in quite a lot of discomfort for a while and probably took about 6/8 weeks to heal.

Am down in Edinburgh this time next week and have some spare time on my hands in the afternoon, so am planning a 10k run. We're staying in Frederick Street and I've come up with the route below. I don't mind the hill climb on the way back and preferred it to just running down to Leith and back.

Can anyone suggest anything better than this? I used to live in Edinburgh but it's a long time ago now so my memory of the layout is not as good as it was...

cheers

http://goo.gl/maps/Ocx8r

Edited by neilser

You're missing out on the chance of greenery. I'd stick to the north Edinburgh cycleways and the water of leith, or if you don't mind a hill. Calton hill and Arthur's seat.

Saved me the bother of saying that. You can run down to the bottom of Dundas Street and access both the Water of Leith path and cycle ways at Canonmills. I'd head along the Water of Leith path through Stockbridge and the Gallery of Modern Art, along to Murrayfield. At Murrayfield/Roseburn you can then get on to the cycle way and head towards Ravelston and Crewe Toll then along the Ferry Road path as far as Fiveways, turn right there onto to Inverleith path and then head back to Canonmills. Edited by Pool Q

I'm halfway through week 7 of the couch to 5k. Onto straight 25 minute runs now. Legs killing me after tonight. The program says you only need a days rest between runs. My legs disagree!

I'm halfway through week 7 of the couch to 5k. Onto straight 25 minute runs now. Legs killing me after tonight. The program says you only need a days rest between runs. My legs disagree!

Take an extra days rest then.

It's a guide, not a totalitarian regime.

I was meant to run 16k tonight, but instead i've drank beer and dicked about on the internet.

It's been good like.

Take an extra days rest then.

It's a guide, not a totalitarian regime.

I was meant to run 16k tonight, but instead i've drank beer and dicked about on the internet.

It's been good like.

:-)):cheers3:

I've been trying my best to stick to it, as i already took a few weeks off after i fecked my legs by pushing them too hard.

You say it's not a totalitarian regime, but Laura from the NHS podcasts is a right dictator. I would ignore her and skive off, but my GPS has told her where i live!

Anyone on here got really low body fat %?

I'm stuck on about 12% and can't seem to get down any lower. Would appreciate some advice if anyone has had a similar experience.

Anyone able to give any advice? I've been eating perfectly, training like a warrior and sleeping like a baby but was still at around 11% last Sunday.

It surely shouldn't be this difficult!?!?

Yeah had something similar a few years back. Bit of a nightmare. Was in quite a lot of discomfort for a while and probably took about 6/8 weeks to heal.

Aye, basically feels like someone is sticking a knife into your chest every time you draw breath

Doc said it was Tietze syndrome which is a similiar thing. Although it's eased considerably over last week, unfortunately still going to be few weeks of just doing some light running.

Anyone able to give any advice? I've been eating perfectly, training like a warrior and sleeping like a baby but was still at around 11% last Sunday.

It surely shouldn't be this difficult!?!?

If your in Falkirk, pop in to Betterbodies in Grahams Road, Rene who owns it gives good advice. He's got facebook page as well.

Registered for the Brass Monkey half this morning (on 18th Jan in York).

Had a good Parkrun afterwards too, hopefully a new PB (current is 21:40).

21:36, happy with that.

Unfortunately, not for the first time, I was vomiting after the finish today - I think I maybe see the finish line and push a bit hard for it, also heard things regarding lactate thresholds and taking on fluids without allowing the body time to process them before the run. Any other ideas, the one area I find I struggle with is what to eat pre-5k. Never really had a problem with banana, energy bar and cereal before a marathon, what do people find is the best thing to eat pre-5k? I think I'm just a bit worried about eating something too heavy for what I consider a pretty short distance (which in turn is a faster pace than that of a longer run).