Tamb Running Thread - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new PB for 10k today (a training run) - did a route from the pedestrian bridge next to the Queen Elizabeth bridge in Aberdeen, up Victoria Road, round the coastal road next to the lighthouse and back down again, finishing in Duthie Park. Managed it in 51 mins 28, which is over 2 mins better than my previous 10k PB, so am well pleased. Also reached my lightest weight in about 25 years today (weighed after the run) and have now got down to a 36 inch waist after being at 37 for months.

Happy days...

:ok:

The other boon is that I can now fit into my 1983 vintage Aberdeen shirt - the Adidas one they wore when winning the Cup Winners Cup. Last wore it in 1983 or 1984 at the latest, when I was 16/17 years old.

It's on the tight side and isn't all that long but I can just about get away with it...

Cheers - I really enjoyed it today. The combination of the crisp air temperature, blue skies and sunshine and beautiful views round the coastal road really made it for me. The PB and weight/waist measurements were bonuses.

Today was fantastc. The sky was unbelievably blue. Great running weather

Enjoying the more challenging routes?

only at the end :-)):-)) Beautiful scenery though. There is this one climb of about a mile that hardly has a straight bit of road for more than 30mts. Problem is the start of the run is mostly flat or downhill so its quite difficult not to go off too fast.

Edited by EddardStark

No it wasn't. I didn't need a hat or gloves - that is when it is Baltic. It was exactly the right temperature for running :)

Perfect running weather, not a cloud in the sky. Love it when it is like this. It was beautiful at Cramond for the parkrun on Saturday, and then Edinburgh was looking at its' best in the early morning sunshine yesterday. Edited by Pool Q

This would have been a good parkrun to do - running with Wilson Kipsang and Dennis Kmetto. Looks like they look it easy though......

http://www.parkrun.co.za/umhlanga/results/weeklyresults/?runSeqNumber=1

That would be cool, running with them. We had Shona Fletcher, who was the first placed woman at the Yorkshire marathon, down at our parkrun last week, and our course record holder is Jonathan Brownlee.

That would be cool, running with them. We had Shona Fletcher, who was the first placed woman at the Yorkshire marathon, down at our parkrun last week, and our course record holder is Jonathan Brownlee.

I think it is great when these sort of people support the event.

This is lovely too (from around 45.10). I totally relate to the first guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04stc5v

I've still never got round to doing the Park run.

I'll try this weekend. Do you have to do anything other than just turn up and err...run?

Register and get your barcode. You need that to get your time. You'll be handed a second barcode when you finish. Take them to a scanner get them both scanned and you'll get your time later in the day.

There's a briefing pre race so all explained. All very simple and well organised.