Orange Order March - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Orange Order March

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully some unassuming No voters will head down to it on the back of that report...

Not that I would like to see anyone get hurt, but if they won't listen to accusations that the media is lying to them, then they might start listening when the media deliberately puts them in harm's way.

Just hearing from a mate back home that his friend was walking down Leith Walk last night and was set about by three Orangemen. He is in Edinburgh hospital right now. Seemingly he got a bad one. His crime?.............. Wearing a Yes lapel on his jacket. :worried:

Alistair Darling just got jeered out of Dalkeith. The main cheers were Red Tory and P45

Cabbie from the airport last night said Darling and Two Jags were forced to take refuge in a cafe in Rutherglen the other day - no idea if that's true but quite funny if it is though :ok:

TT

Was in town around lunch time and thankfully the main streets in the city centre were kept free from the march, which having watched it for about 15 minutes was an Orange Walk by any other name. 'No Popery' banner - what has that got to do with keeping the Union intact? What has a 'Protestant Defenders of the Faith' banner got to do with preserving the Union? What has a 'For God and Ulster' banner got to do with fighting Scottish independence? All this playing out to their cheery music and a backing track of police and ambulance sirens (though I never saw any incidents).

I won't get too personal by describing some of the cheering onlookers but just say one mob of eight (males and females) couldn't have mustered up a full set of teeth between them.

Sadly, the Yes sign on the castle rock wouldn't have been seen by the marchers, as it was on the north west side while the march went down the east side towards Waverley.

One guy was playing some drums at the bottom of the mound and admitted he'd made a fair bit of cash from people thanking him for drowing out the noise of 'whining flutes'. :-))

Also happy for the homeless guy in Hanover St who was giving away small Yes stickers with each donation. He was on the last of his 20 sheets when I passed and admitted to his best ever day's takings (over £100) so far.

Was in the Radical road beer garden this afternoon which was festooned with every kind of yes memorabilia you can find along with the local YES campaigners.For anyone who doesn't know the beer garden and main pub face the main road south to the A1 link to the bypass.As luck would have it this was the route our cuddly wee Nazi uglies convoy was forced to take as they were made to exit our beautiful city.Their faces were a picture as they passed to smiles and waves and helpful directional signs from the local gathering. :-)):wave: .Well done Martin .you are a local hero

The amount of cars that passed and sounded their horns in support if YES was amazing in the hour or so i was there.We really are going to do this

watching the news all i heard was that orangemen from nothern ireland had came over and the spokesman was from liverpool i hope people realise this was nothing more than bigotry and it sways them towards voting yes just to keep scum like that thinking they head any effect on the independence vote because if its a no we will have them thinking they can march and sing their bile to anything the they dont like

Just another day at an Orange parade, BLG. Not really surprised, and of the same token the marshals who are supposed to properly secure this will have cocked a deefy to the knuckle dragging hangers on that are associated with these marches.

They really are an irrelevance to this campaign and Scottish society in general. Even the Bitters have not scraped the bottom of the barrel and tried to gain from their 'presence'

A real focused effort to imtimidate anyone who dared sport a Yes badge in and around the nation's capital. No place for these animals in any society. I like the fact that their idea of being better together is only open to Protestants. No place for other Christians, Muslims, Seikhs, Judaism, Buddhists, Jedi's in this glorious union of theirs then?