Transfer Rumours - Page 59 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing Halliday didn't do that well at school.

Definitely not if he isn't aware surnames start with capital letters.

I can't actually think why Celtic would want Allan. I assume he is an attacking midfield player, sort of number 10? Which is a position where Celtic already have enough trouble accommodating Johansen, Commons and Armstrong. Dropping him further back sees and area filled by Brown, Bitton and Mulgrew with Rogic also getting game time now that he seems over his injury problems. Add in McGregor and Henderson also making the odd appearance and the one area Celtic probably don't need to strengthen is in the centre of the park. I am pretty certain Allan would spend more time on the bench than the pitch if he joined Celtic.

We don't need Allan to gain promotion. Cant blame him for going to Celtic other than he will probably not see any first team football for a while. Would probably further his career at Aberdeen.

He's probably more chance of getting a game for Celtic than us. ;)

At least signing for Celtic would finally close the book on this dull saga.

Hibs have probably recognised that they are up against it in terms of winning the league and therefore need to do something about it, so cashing in on their most saleable asset and replacing him with one or two others, with further budget potentially available for more, is probably the correct risk to take.

Radio Clyde phone in was hilarious on this. They had 3 different guys all stating it was a 110% fact that Allen was going to sign for Celtic, next one was he's signing for Rangers guaranteed and then he's definitely staying at Hibs.

These were all total facts by the way.

The guys on the panel just basically ripped the pish. ??