Transfer Rumours - Page 61 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It's hilarious if this deal goes through. So Celtic pinch a rangers transfer target who is looking to leave hibs, while at the same time strengthening hibs with two half decent players. Like someone above said spectacular trolling. Where is the promised multi million pound investment from David king to make sure they got their man?

On a purely football point of view I think Allan would have been better off at rangers. Guaranteed a game rather than just warming the bench with gms. Once again Allan and his advisors appear to have made a questionable decision re what's best for the player. Not a done deal yet though so might still fall through I guess.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the logic in this signing for Celtic. If we signed him he would improve our midfield, improve our chances of winning the league (on 2 fronts) and help give us a foothold in the SPL should we gain promotion. For a team like Celtic with aspirations to qualify to and from the Champions League group stages I just don't see how this player enhances their squad. Just about every Celtic midfielder I can think of is a better player than him and I really don't see him getting much game time

I don't see the logic in this signing for Celtic. If we signed him he would improve our midfield, improve our chances of winning the league (on 2 fronts) and help give us a foothold in the SPL should we gain promotion. For a team like Celtic with aspirations to qualify to and from the Champions League group stages I just don't see how this player enhances their squad. Just about every Celtic midfielder I can think of is a better player than him and I really don't see him getting much game time

Yep, thats what I thought too. Celtic already have a juggling job on their hands fitting Johansen, Armstrong and Commons into their favoured "No. 10" position, Allan will be behind all of them.

The vast majority of Rangers fans aren't particularly bothered about Allan going to Celtic

You see this I don't understand. He is fairly young, scottish, undoubtedly talented and supports your club. If I were running your club, god forbid, I would be trying to buy up all the scott allans I could get my hands on and would have been doing it since your club was formed 3 years ago.

What sort of players do you want? More kris boyds and kenny millers? You can't afford real quality like stu armstrong, so go for the kids with potential.

Agreed fairbairn, doesn't make sense to me for the club or the player.

Its humiliating for Rangers. They and their media lackeys tried to play Billy big boys in pressurising Hibs to sell to them for less than Allan was worth. Not only that, their paltry highest bid was exposed by Hibs to be offered in instalments.

:-))

Not sure why you find that so funny?

GRBear is right. Not one Rangers fan I know want Allen at the club. Too much baggage and just not good enough to justify that hassle.

It's only the usual Internet bampots that have never seen the inside of Ibrox that give a toss and that's only as an F U to Hibs.

His previous implies he's only interested in cash at least until he went to Hibs, so it will be interesting to see what he does.

Don't expect any wailing or gnashing of teeth on here though. Other than the Celtic fans, who don't want him.

You see this I don't understand. He is fairly young, scottish, undoubtedly talented and supports your club. If I were running your club, god forbid, I would be trying to buy up all the scott allans I could get my hands on and would have been doing it since your club was formed 3 years ago.

What sort of players do you want? More kris boyds and kenny millers? You can't afford real quality like stu armstrong, so go for the kids with potential.

You're right to an extent. He is the type of player we want except he has a load of baggage and quite frankly isn't good enough to justify the hassle.

As has been said there are other players who are as good, cost the same and don't look for a move every 5 minutes.

GRBear is right. Not one Rangers fan I know want Allen at the club. Too much baggage and just not good enough to justify that hassle.

It's only the usual Internet bampots that have never seen the inside of Ibrox that give a toss and that's only as an F U to Hibs.

His previous implies he's only interested in cash at least until he went to Hibs, so it will be interesting to see what he does.

Don't expect any wailing or gnashing of teeth on here though. Other than the Celtic fans, who don't want him.

Its a fair expression of your point of view but I don't believe it. As stated above he is exactly the sort of player you need. If rangers fans really don't care then that says more about their judgement or rather lack of it.

You're right to an extent. He is the type of player we want except he has a load of baggage and quite frankly isn't good enough to justify the hassle.

As has been said there are other players who are as good, cost the same and don't look for a move every 5 minutes.

Hmmm maybe, but I think Allan would play his socks off for rangers.

Its humiliating for Rangers. They and their media lackeys tried to play Billy big boys in pressurising Hibs to sell to them for less than Allan was worth. Not only that, their paltry highest bid was exposed by Hibs to be offered in instalments.

If you say so.

Personally I'd call it prudent. Something we've not been in recent seasons.

What would you have had Rangers do? Offer a stupidly big amount so you can criticise that instead?

funny how your 4,000 fans at our last game disagreed and were welcoming him to the club. Brought back same memories of you welcoming Broony before he walked away as well.

Edited by giblet

funny how your 4,000 fans at our last game disagreed and were welcoming him to the club. Brought back same memories of you welcoming Broony before he walked away as well.

I think you'll find that's called a wind up. Not really a ringing endorsement of his quality.

That was almost a good post. Right up to the childish dig.

:-))

You do know it's only the clubs talking so far?

And he did turn down the English behemoth that is Rotherham?

God knows what he'll do if Celtic agree a fee. It's pretty much anybodies guess right now.

Personally I hope he stays at Hibs this season. They need the help.