Josh Mceachran - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Josh Mceachran

Debian

Friend at a game in Holland tonight saying Strachan is there watching this lad playing for Vitesse Arnhem.

Not sure of the boy but apparently on loan from Chelsea. Says Dutch papers have him lined up for Qatar game..

was highly rated at chelsea, we def tried to convince him to play for us and he turned us down, not sure what the exact link is with scotland as i seem to remember that both his parents were said to be scottish but it turned out it wasnt the case, but if strachan is at the game then there is maybe something in this.

As folk have already mentioned, we went after him a few years back. At that time he was on the brink of the Chelsea first team squad & showing a lot of potential. English media as usual with any young English lad tipped him to be a great player & that he had potential to be one of the best. Been on loan a few times & yet to show anything.

We dont need him & he doesnt want to play for us anyway.

Tipped as the next big thing in English football but actually started going backwards over the last two years. No big loss to England or Scotland.

Don't want a player who turned out for their Under 21s, the last stop before the senior team.

Give me one of Ryan Gauld, Jack Harper, Stuart Armstrong, Gary Mackay-Steven, Ryan Jack, Tom Cairney or

Kevin McDonald instead.

Vitesse have two Georgian players playing for them, WGS might just have been scouting them.

Guram Kashia and Valeri Qazaishvili.

Kashia is a centre-half and is one of Georgia's best players. Qazaishvili is a young lad just breaking into the team, but with 9 goals this season from midfield (including one last night), I think we can expect to see him feature against Scotland in September.

I think he's a Corby Scot, which is a wee bit different, however he made it pretty clear that he wanted to play for England, so good luck to him.

Broke through early at around 17 and looked a real talent, hence all the attention.

It all seems to have gone a bit wrong for him though. Not really sure why, but he's definitely out of the picture at Chelsea and will be freed/sold.

I suspect we've probably got better options ourselves.

Vitesse have two Georgian players playing for them, WGS might just have been scouting them.

Guram Kashia and Valeri Qazaishvili.

Kashia is a centre-half and is one of Georgia's best players. Qazaishvili is a young lad just breaking into the team, but with 9 goals this season from midfield (including one last night), I think we can expect to see him feature against Scotland in September.

Qazaishvili rings a bell was there not some outcry in georgia about him not getting games for them or is there some other "wonderkid" that has been overlooked. would be just our luck for them to pull a rabbit out of the hat for our game

I know his uncle and he tried to get josh to play for us but he was having none of it he said he wanted to play for them.

it may change now as he is not the big superstar he thought he might be but he will not be the first or the last player that chooses us as a 2nd choice.