Bbc Exit Poll - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I am friggin' puzzled here. Now if that exit poll is correct then SNP have virtually cleaned up but why? Excuse the ignorance but who are those 50% no voters voting for? If you see what I mean why are they voting SNP who back independence?

The No vote is split between the unionist parties and I'd guess the turnout is lower than the referendum, so less No voters turning out as well them being split 3 ways.

Combined with the Lib Den vote collapsing across Britain and the Scottish Labour party being tainted from standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the Tories last year.

Based on that exit poll, i hope the SNP actually concede some seats to Labour, as it's the only way we'd have any influence in who forms the government.

Being based in England, this is what I am after.

The exit polls are mental!

J

While we're waiting can someone tell us what is different about the exit poll in terms of method?

They seemed to be implying that it might not be able to handle swings in more than one direction, and get the result in scotland different from england.

In other words if the poll is wrong, in what kind of way would it be wrong, underestimating what or overestimating what?

Glasgow is total SNP according to sample boxes.There will be no Labour MPs in Glasgow in the morning.Just let that sink in for a moment.

Utterly astonishing if so.

Rutherglen to the SNP. A ####in 21000 majority overturned.

That one always declares early, could be the first tangible indication of the swing...

Even better if it's your Labour supporting parents. :)

Exactly who it is. I'll have to compose myself and act with class and dignity. I'll no' be acting like a bitter Labour man. :)