What Coverage Will You Be Watching? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Coverage Will You Be Watching?

BBC1 - Dimblebubs, Huw Edwards and assorted s

STV - Ponsonby and chums

C4 - Paxman with David Mitchell, Richard Osman, Charlie Brooker, Lauren Laverne and others

Newsshaft - Jack Foster, James Devoy and Carolyn Scott online with a 9 hour special

Sky - Kay Burley and whothe####cares

I think I'll have C4 on the telly and newsshaft on the PC. Radio four on in the background if and when I go to bed.

if things going well for the SNP I will be watching the BBC so I can glory in all their tears and snotters

I might tune in to Sky for a while about four a.m. to see if Burley is curled up in a corner crying for similar reasons.

BBC 1 for me. I want to see Scottish Labour MPs cry actual tears. Might dabble in some NewsShaft as well.

It's times like this where I need to turn the living room into a multmedia nervecentre. 4 simultanous channels, TAMB, Twitter and a webcam live from Scottish Labour HQ.

Edited by Auld_Reekie

BBC 1 for me. I want to see Scottish Labour MPs cry actual tears. Might dabble in some NewsShaft as well.

It's times like this where I need to turn the living room into a multmedia nervecentre. 4 simultanous channels, TAMB, Twitter and a webcam live from Scottish Labour HQ.

I want to see some tears and maybe a bit of anger.

Does anyone know if the candidates are obliged to be on the stage for the announcement? If not I can see some of the labour big heads making sharp exits.

I'll probably watch Channel 4 for the first few hours as nothing much happens then anyway. Then probably switch between BBC Scotland & BBC rUK.

Target is to stay up to 2-3am as these seats will give a good indication of how things are panning out:

• 2am: Rutherglen & Hamilton West, and Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath. The first klaxons from Scotland. Labour’s Tom Greatrex could hold on in Rutherglen, but in Kirkcaldy – once held by Gordon Brown as the safest Labour seat in Scotland – it could be a different story. It’s all about the SNP, and if they win here, they might be on course to take the 50+ seats they’ve been predicted in polls.
  • 2am-3am: Eastleigh; Yeovil; Bermondsey and Old Southwark. Lib Dem territory, especially for long-time south London MP Simon Hughes, and they might hang on here, despite doomy predictions. If not, the night could be even worse than predicted.
  • 3am: Kingston and Surbiton. The Lib Dem energy secretary, Ed Davey, could be under threat from the Tories.
  • From 3am: Renfrewshire East and Paisley & Renfrewshire South. The chance of some shocks here, with Jim Murphy, Scottish Labour leader, and Douglas Alexander, the shadow foreign secretary, on the brink of losing out to the SNP. Jo Swinson hopes to avoid a similar fate in East Dunbartonshire.
  • 3am: Thurrock. This could be where Ukip wins its first seat in a general election.
  • 3am: Bristol West, Brent Central, and Hornsey & Wood Green. If Labour doesn’t gain from the Lib Dems in seats such as these, including ousting Lynne Featherstone in north London, Miliband will struggle to get to No 10. But the Greens are also hoping to pull off a win in Bristol West.

C4 looks really good actually but agree with seeing (hopefully) the demise of the Alexander brothers etc

Ive resigned myself already for creepy Jim holding on because thats the way his whole career has gone - not enough able to see through him

C4 looks really good actually but agree with seeing (hopefully) the demise of the Alexander brothers etc

Ive resigned myself already for creepy Jim holding on because thats the way his whole career has gone - not enough able to see through him

Did I post the photos before where Jim Murphy looks like the creepy old guy from Poltergeist 2?!

Did I post the photos before where Jim Murphy looks like the creepy old guy from Poltergeist 2?!

Wont do any harm to post again. Its a slow day on the TAMB

if things going well for the SNP I will be watching the BBC so I can glory in all their tears and snotters

Same here, although STV have been much better in the campaign, Id love to see the BBC fckers almost in tears.

Same here, although STV have been much better in the campaign, Id love to see the BBC fckers almost in tears.

Aye, I'm thinking along the same lines. I'll probably start watching on STV, as the coverage will be far, far better, but if it looks like SNP are doing well then I'll turn over to watch the unionist fukers squirm on UBC.