Jim Murphy (Again!) - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy (Again!)

I am probably in a very small minority outside of the even smaller minority that are voting Scottish Labour, but I actually quite like Dugdale. She of course is faithfully toeing the Murphy latest desperate line about harping on about a referendum at every opportunity but Dugdale is one of the few Labour MPs and MSPs that I think are quite decent.

During the referendum campaign I thought she was a promising, principled politician.

I don't now.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently registered to vote in East Ren but i am working away from home. I was planning to travel back to vote but that is not possible anymore, can i still sort out a proxy vote at this late stage ? Anyone know how to go about it?

Edited by andy smiff

I am currently registered to vote in East Ren but i am working away from home. I was planning to travel back to vote but that is not possible anymore, can i still sort out a proxy vote at this late stage ? Anyone know how to go about it?

You should be able to apply for an emergency proxy.

11169594_10206170709888727_3131300913278

Lord McConnell quoted on Newsnight there as saying if the Tories win the most seats then the SNP have no moral right to put Labour in power, referring to the fact he allowed the SNP to take control of Holyrood in 2007 with just one more seat.....

Was certainly a statesmanlike gesture by Jack back in the day, he could easily have stitched up the SNP by continuing to deal with the Lib Dems. The crucial difference I think but is Holyrood is PR and devolved, Westminster is FPTP and sovereign. The Scottish Executive never made any aspirations of sovereignty.

He likely expected the minority SNP govt to fall in short order and Labour to then come back strongly after a bloodynose. The success of Salmond's administration after having had only experience of opposition till then, proved this wrong. With hindsight, I wonder if he might have made a different call - but for his sake and benefit of the doubt I'd like to think no.

Hmmmmm....

Scunnered?? :unsure:

Anyway, if there was an angry crowd would anyone blame them. I am bloody angry at their lies, deception and betrayal and their attempts to demonise me and many of my friends.

Lord McConnell quoted on Newsnight there as saying if the Tories win the most seats then the SNP have no moral right to put Labour in power, referring to the fact he allowed the SNP to take control of Holyrood in 2007 with just one more seat.....

Henry McLeish this morning just said something like 'of course they'll talk' - Miliband will be pragmatic and not exclude himself from no.10

I think this is the rickshaw imperial masters guy again. To be honest I think ridicule like this is the best way to show them up.

Thought that was quite good, the labour folk looked so pissed off.

I think this is the rickshaw imperial masters guy again. To be honest I think ridicule like this is the best way to show them up.

That was quite funny.

A good bit of light hearted mocking of Labour. Yet BBC's James Cook tweeted that the atmosphere there was "quite unpleasant" due to the "hostile crowd". I wonder what Mr Cook would make of a normal Saturday night in Glasgow city centre if he thought that was unpleasant or hostile.

That was quite funny.

A good bit of light hearted mocking of Labour. Yet BBC's James Cook tweeted that the atmosphere there was "quite unpleasant" due to the "hostile crowd". I wonder what Mr Cook would make of a normal Saturday night in Glasgow city centre if he thought that was unpleasant or hostile.

In fairness to Mr. Cook, he took a picture of those people behind the video and called them "the welcoming committee", the unpleasantness was tweeted about an hour later when there was a larger group. If Mr. Cook said they were hostile I believe him, he's always impartial and fair.

That was quite funny.

To be fair, he did also tweet about the muppet show music, and retweeted one woman who said her kids were fine, that they weren't going in to see Miliband, they were going swimming.

This.

Politicians can take insults, brickbats, and even (if they're exceptionally brave, like Creepy Jim) eggs.

What they really can't handle is being lampooned or ridiculed. All they can do is smile and try and look as if they're not affected; but the rictus grin gives it away.

They really are the lowest of the low. A wipeout at this election may save Labour if the Scottish branch unites and breaks away from the Millbank elite.

That letter was utterly shameful but scaring vulnerable people worked eight months ago so it's nae wonder they are trying it again.

Another thing that disappoints me is that the 'vote SNP get Tories' line still carries some weight. I have heard a few people who I regard as being fairly switched on politically - including a pal who voted Yes - come out with it over the past week or so.

I predict a few sorry hides will be saved thanks to this kind of negative politicking.

Thought that was quite good, the labour folk looked so pissed off.

It was funny, but for a second or two my heart went out to those poor Labour stooges, standing there with their daft signs, being humiliated by situationist smart-alecks and probably earing less than they'd get folding t-shirts in GAP.

Then it occurred to me that some of them will be the Dougie Alexanders and Kezia Dugdales of the future and I went back to laughing again.

Edited by scotlad

Scunnered?? :unsure:

Anyway, if there was an angry crowd would anyone blame them. I am bloody angry at their lies, deception and betrayal and their attempts to demonise me and many of my friends.

I agree 100%

The unionists dragged the level of politics into the gutter and now use the language of fear smear hate and spite as a "legitimate" campaign tactic. They absolutely disgust me, I genuinely detest "Scottish" unionist politicians. Self serving shitebags one and all.

Hilarious stuff and nothing wrong with light hearted slagging of the labour party next it should be the tories if you can find any in scotland and then the ginger rodent :ok:

I was listening to R4 earlier, Jon Pienaars show, and he had Ed Balls on.

They were discussing the story that Cameron planned to declare himself the 'winner' if he has the most MPs, regardless of whether he has a majority.

Ed Balls said it was 'complete nonsense' that whoever has the most MPs gets to form the government, and that it was whoever could get the support for a majority in parliament.

Perhaps he should have a word wi Jim Murphy

Derek Bateman, as ever, on the money:

http://newsnet.scot/…/post-may-7-get-ready-for-a-full-fron…/

"The Tories are, unsurprisingly, presenting themselves as the logical anti-Nat vote in East Renfrewshire but that has to be destructive of the concept of tactical voting because the best anti-nationalist candidate is undoubtedly the incumbent, Jim Murphy. Murphy already hoovers up Tory votes anyway so a campaign to peel them away to the Real Tory candidate can only damage anti-SNP voting."

Strange times, Archie, strange times.