Jim Murphy (Again!) - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy (Again!)

I thought the Iain Gray led Holyrood campaign in 2011 was pitiful but at least they were ahead in the polls, and for quite some time too. Time will tell, but this current Labour campaign is disastrous.

I never get tired of watching that footage where he runs away from those protestors at Glasgow Central and seeks refuge in a sandwhich shop :rollsmile:

It was like something from The Thick of It.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skeletor on Reporting Scotland just now making an absolute fool of himself.

He keeps on talking about the SNP and the referendum, then he says 'it's not about the referendum'. Then he talks about the SNP and the referendum again.

Sally Magnusson is pishing herself laughing at him.

Should watch today's FMQ where Deputy Dug asked five times about a second referendum & Willie Rennie the same about 3

Then Kezia said all the SNP are talking about is a second referendum

Its actually hilarious

Should watch today's FMQ where Deputy Dug asked five times about a second referendum & Willie Rennie the same about 3

Then Kezia said all the SNP are talking about is a second referendum

Its actually hilarious

The only, the ONLY people who ever mention another referendum are those who voted NO. I've had countless battles with idiots in my local.

Thought this bit was quite interesting

"Has any Labour leader every run a worse campaign than Jim Murphy?

Former Labour FM Jack McConnell's campaign in the 2007 Scottish election was a failure and resulted in Alex Salmond coming to power.

Former Australian Labour Prime Minister, Julia Gillard premiership was a disaster and was forced to resign in 2013 because of very poor polls.

The person that links Jack McConnell, Julia Gillard and Jim Murphy is John McTernan.

McTernan ran the election campaign for McConnell. McTernan was the controversial communications director for Gillard. McTernan is now Murphy's Chief of Staff"

Skeletor on Reporting Scotland just now making an absolute fool of himself.

He keeps on talking about the SNP and the referendum, then he says 'it's not about the referendum'. Then he talks about the SNP and the referendum again.

Sally Magnusson is pishing herself laughing at him.

He says the same about coalitions and deals or his own position - doesn't want to talk about what will happen after the election, just wants to focus on a Labour majority. Yet when he is asked for his thoughts on the polls, he says that all it means is that after the election the Tories will be in the best position to form a government of their choosing.........

Kezia is a fcking idiot, what a useless pleb.

Email about volunteering is brilliant, what a complete bint.

I am probably in a very small minority outside of the even smaller minority that are voting Scottish Labour, but I actually quite like Dugdale. She of course is faithfully toeing the Murphy latest desperate line about harping on about a referendum at every opportunity but Dugdale is one of the few Labour MPs and MSPs that I think are quite decent.

I am probably in a very small minority outside of the even smaller minority that are voting Scottish Labour, but I actually quite like Dugdale. She of course is faithfully toeing the Murphy latest desperate line about harping on about a referendum at every opportunity but Dugdale is one of the few Labour MPs and MSPs that I think are quite decent.

My Labour voting dad said something similar to me tonight. I just don't get it. I actually think she's a complete m0r0n.

Sorry, I think she is a complete buffoon, she lacks the ability to speak, she lacks the ability to look interested, she has scary eyes and seems incapable of compassion.

She is very typical of a bitter twisted Labour bastird, they dont give a toss about anything apart from SNP bashing. Screw the lot of them.

Edited by kumnio

The problem Scottish Labour have in this election is that the SNP policies are what Labour's should be and what their supporters want. The only way to try to differentiate is to keep bringing up the referendum as they think people are against that. Unfortunately people aren't stupid and can see through it as they know its not on the table this time. Labour will be lucky to get 1seat this time and if they do it will be blind loyalty or people not paying attention

I simply don't get this assertion that people think Dugdale is capable. She is in the Magrit Curran and Johann Lamont stable of being a horrible, screeching, screaming harpie who has nothing positive in terms of policies and simply is in the business of showing her loathing of the SNP. Her last appearance on Sunday Politics was nothing short of a disgrace, if not laughable.

Speaks volumes she is only in Holyrood via hitching a ride on the list system. Who in their right mind would vote for this idiot.

Would take great satisfaction in seeing this boot being emptied next year.

:shocked:

She is quite personable away from the TV studio and debating chamber, bit like McConnell and Iain Gray in that regard. But something goes wrong when she puts on the SNP Hate goggles that SLABs all have to wear when being interviewed these days.

Murphy(Mcteirnan )strategy of talking the entire length of an interview over every question while repeating 5 key phrases was halted in it's tracks last night.Murphy knows the interviewer will eventually refer to the next question as time is pressing. But Sally refused to let go and came back to topic ,when Murphy thought the question was over .He clearly had not considered her opinion about the level of SNP support at over 50% of the votes as a democratic reason for driving another mandate for a future referendum.

Dugdale for me has the look of someone who has come to the awful conclusion that she has backed the wrong political horse .I just wonder if by putting her in a position of power where she is seen to be so inept ,that she has been hung out to dry by her own side.