Bbc Debate - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did north Ayrshire.

You really have complete hard-on for Aberdeen.

Get a grip. Do you have mental problems ?

I stay in Glasgow. North Ayrshire had a higher than average Yes vote. Certainly far better than Aberdeen. 49% voted Yes, A hell of a lot better than the pathetic 39% in Aberdeen.

You fellowed EK Celt about like a lost sheep even had a nickname for him. Take it you've a hard on for him?

Not sure if that's correct for General Elections if she's from Eire.

Citizens of the ROI can vote in UK elections.

In fact since 1948, Irish citizens are not considered as foreigners under UK law.

In fact since 1948, Irish citizens are not considered as foreigners under UK law.

Well you live and learn. I didn't know that although I did almost add (in my original post) - "unless there's a special relationship agreement".

I guess there is then but I wasn't aware.

Cheers for that.

Harvie - clear, coherent, and a quick way with words. Best on the night

Davidson - admire her stance on the referendum/Union. I'm the complete opposite, but she sticks to her convictions, unlike the Labour mob who 'didn't want to campaign with the Tories'.

Murphy - surely, no. Folk won't fall for another PR-media-trained-insincere arse. Mibbaes Aye? Mibbaes Naw? Coming from the man who toured round Scotland with a bottle of ginger backing a No vote, yet is not a Unionist!

Sturgeon - did fine enough. A fairly hotile crowd, so even if she was excellent, still would be a muted applause.

Rennie - the village idiot.

Coburn - a fud.

The crowd - massively pro-unionist going by the whoops, jeers, and a' hollerin' going around. Seen that dickheid, Pennington in there roaning about University cuts.

Cook - pretty poor tonight. Usuaully he's decent.

All in all - who's great idea was to have these the day after each other? And I'd ditch the audience, not because they seemed to be more pro-Union than before, but it distracts from the debate at times. The ITV format for the 7 leaders was excellent and I'd hope they'd follow this model next time.

What's clear from this all is that the Union parties all now have a fall back - whenever something is not going there way, just mention independence to sidetrack from their own failing argument.

At least we know where Labour and the Tories stand on Devo Max now, they don't back it.

Aye, that was one of the ironies of all the 'I don't want Scots/English to be foreigners' guff that Better Together were peddling.

As above in my reply to aaid - didn't actually know that.

Cheers.

Good article in The National today about who can and can't vote in Westminster elections, and how it differs from referenda, council and Holyrood elections.

Murphy - surely, no. Folk won't fall for another PR-media-trained-insincere arse. Mibbaes Aye? Mibbaes Naw? Coming from the man who toured round Scotland with a bottle of ginger backing a No vote, yet is not a Unionist!

One of the Scottish news reports the other night was interviewing various punters.

Some Scottish woman said she didn't trust Milliband but thought she could trust Murphy who seemed honest, sincere etc ?!

Scary !

One of the Scottish news reports the other night was interviewing various punters.

Some Scottish woman said she didn't trust Milliband but thought she could trust Murphy who seemed honest, sincere etc ?!

Scary !

Sounds like she's been sniffing glue...

Well you live and learn. I didn't know that although I did almost add (in my original post) - "unless there's a special relationship agreement".

I guess there is then but I wasn't aware.

Cheers for that.

1949 Ireland Act if you are interested. Passed when Ireland became a Republic. A good starting point and precedent for rUK approach to Scotland following independence.

Sounds like she's been sniffing glue...

Quite possible but she seemed of a certain age passed that stage possibly.

All sorts of voters, opinions etc including some folk who (sadly) believe the fake, false lies of sumg, insincere, puppet politicians.

That's why it's scary.