Sturgeon Backs Cameron? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sturgeon Backs Cameron?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get this French Diplomat on TV with a categorical denial - that'll shaft them.

Meanwhile Le «Frenchgate» de la chef des nationalistes écossais Nicola Sturgeon

http://www.lefigaro.fr/international/2015/04/04/01003-20150404ARTFIG00069-le-frenchgate-de-la-chef-des-nationalistes-ecossais-nicola-sturgeon.php

Edited by exile

Please more stories like this

this is one of the main factors behind the swelling support

the 'if you can't win the debate...smear' approach has turned wavering voters into lifetime snp supporters

more please

Was it the crafty mastermind Carmichael, or the affable bumbling MI5?

Craig Murray:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2015/04/uk-intelligence-services-attack-snp/

He also says:

I am 100% certain that MI5 have people online posing as cybernats. :shocked:

BTW I see comments enabled on the BBC story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32177315

I was reading Andrew Young's book An Easy Burden about the Civil Rights movement and he makes a similar point about their struggles in the 60s with CIA plants actign as agent provocateurs.

To give Wings his credit, it's stuff like this he's in his element with*.

Except when he called the "journalist" a kiddie fiddler of course.

The establishment has over-stepped the boundaries to such an extent that we need someone to provide an analysis (Craig Murray is adamant about the sources as well) .Probably now getting worse than pre-referendum lies and dis-information.This is war now and if a few folk get offended by something the Rev says well tough shit tbh.

Didn't pick up on this exerpt from the original link to the Telegraph story.

'It is a common diplomatic courtesy if an ambassador to the UK visits one of the three devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland for the British Government to be given an official readout of the conversation although the SNP leader, who has only been in position since the autumn, may have been unaware of this formality.'

Translate as 'the wee lassie doesn't really know what she's doing'. So not only are they printing downright lies but they're attempting to plant the seed that she's incompetent as well.

####in scumbags.

Hang on, if Carmichael was present at the meeting, then surely he must either endorse the accusation - in effect that Sturgeon [First Minister and lawyer] is brazenly lying in public - or else he must back her up that she didn't say it, and blow the story out the water?

Which is it, Alistair?

Edited by exile

Wow both Labour and the Tories are still running this story as fact just goes to show how scared they are after the whole story has been debunked by everyone ... Labour are making Noel Hunts out of themselves

Hang on, if Carmichael was present at the meeting, then surely he must either endorse the accusation - in effect that Sturgeon [First Minister and lawyer] is brazenly lying in public - or else he must back her up that she didn't say it, and blow the story out the water?

Which is it, Alistair?

Good stuff exile.Or will he try an Alistair Darling and say he was only joking.Either way Nicola can really go for the unfinished business of destroying this buffoons career.

With hindsight I feel this was a trap. Not for the SNP, but for people like Hothersall, Dugdale and Foulkes. Get them to shout about this from every available rooftop then, when they're in a frenzy, let it be known that it was fabricated. Jumping on an obvious lie looks really childish and petulant. The fact it went all the way to Milibland makes it even worse. Didn't the PM if Spain do this after a terrorist attack. He went from election favourite to defeated in the space of about three days.

Would love the French Government to get involved perhaps asking why there is the inference that their representative in the UK is lying?

TT

With hindsight I feel this was a trap. Not for the SNP, but for people like Hothersall, Dugdale and Foulkes. Get them to shout about this from every available rooftop then, when they're in a frenzy, let it be known that it was fabricated. Jumping on an obvious lie looks really childish and petulant. The fact it went all the way to Milibland makes it even worse. Didn't the PM if Spain do this after a terrorist attack. He went from election favourite to defeated in the space of about three days.

Hadn't thought of it in that way but good point, it really does look like Miliband, Skeletor and their cronies are going to suffer most damage from this - and it puts a further wedge between the SNP and Labour in terms of any future coalition.

Almost makes you think there was a meeting somewhere where Cameron has said he would prefer the SNP to win inScotland rather than Labour.

TT

Good stuff exile.Or will he try an Alistair Darling and say he was only joking.Either way Nicola can really go for the unfinished business of destroying this buffoons career.

I just can't believe that Sturgeon - as First Minister and lawyer (and I'd say the same of any of the party leaders - even anyone who might have been economical with the truth in the past) would now, in the full glare of the national media come out and say they 100% categorically deny something, if that something had actually taken place - remember with witnesses present, and didn't she deny it before knowing for sure she'd be backed up by the French? (we know this because people didn't believe her when it was just her word, without French corroboration)

Miliband and Cameron and the rest of them, by pressing the story as if true, are effectively saying she is lying (and as TT says, implying the French are lying too).

So... what do you say Alistair? What of you Nick Clegg? Charlie? Danny? Where are you on this one, guys?

Edited by exile

Does anyone know what deputy dug has actually said. ?We are now starting to see a definite pattern of naivety with this individual.She is just desperate to act on anything that she feels is detrimental to the SNP. I really can't see her lasting much longer in her current position after May.Just amateur

I just can't believe that Sturgeon - as First Minister and lawyer (and I'd say the same of any of the party leaders - even anyone who might have been economical with the truth in the past) would now, in the full glare of the national media come out and say they 100% categorically deny something, if that something had actually taken place - remember with witnesses present, and didn't she deny it before knowing for sure she'd be backed up by the French? (we know this because people didn't believe her when it was just her word, without French corroboration)

Miliband and Cameron and the rest of them, by pressing the story as if true, are effectively saying she is lying (and as TT says, implying the French are lying too).

So... what do you say Alistair? What of you Nick Clegg? Charlie? Danny? Where are you on this one, guys?

Yeah there are a number of labour twitererererers that were shouting that the French ambassador hadn't denied it, where's his denial etc, after Sturgeon denied it. They've gone oddly quiet.

To be fair to hotherstall, ha said on his twitter account that he'd been duped and apologised for it.

Never thought I'd say anything positive about that twunt.

Yeah there are a number of labour twitererererers that were shouting that the French ambassador hadn't denied it, where's his denial etc, after Sturgeon denied it. They've gone oddly quiet.

To be fair to hotherstall, ha said on his twitter account that he'd been duped and apologised for it.

Never thought I'd say anything positive about that twunt.

How come Hothersall managed to work out he'd been duped in the middle of a friday night, while Ed Miliband digs himself a deeper hole by repeating the allegation this morning?

Cameron was at it too - the UK PM's statement amounts to saying the French diplomats are lying.

Meanwhile, not a tweet about it from those Lib Dems...

Edited by exile

To give Wings his credit, it's stuff like this he's in his element with*.

Except when he called the "journalist" a kiddie fiddler of course.

I haven't seen that.

Earlier today I saw him suggest to a Telegraph journalist that he should jump off a cliff or in front of a train, but I haven't seen him accuse anyone of fiddling with kids.

Edited by scotlad

Cameron was at it too - the UK PM's statement amounts to saying the French diplomats are lying.

That's not going to lose him any votes though is it? In fact calling them liars will probably win him votes down south. The truth doesn't matter. Slag off foreigners = more votes.

That's not going to lose him any votes though is it? In fact calling them liars will probably win him votes down south. The truth doesn't matter. Slag off foreigners = more votes.

It makes him look gloating and less "Prime Ministerial". It looks to me like an error - where are his advisors? He could have kept schtum and watched it all unfold, shafting Labour SNP and maybe Lib Dems at a stroke. Tories could have held the moral high ground letting the Telegraph do their dirty work for them

By implying the French he surrenders a bit of that moral high ground that is so dramatically collapsing around Labour and, possibly yet, the Lib Dems. It has the makings of an omnishafting.

Edit: about the losing votes bit: seems to me there are a fair few UKIP supporters and waverers who might have voted Tory to keep the red/snp threat at bay but if they think the Tories are all as dirty as the others may not bother

Edited by exile

It makes him look gloating and less "Prime Ministerial". It looks to me like an error - where are his advisors? He could have kept schtum and watched it all unfold, shafting Labour SNP and maybe Lib Dems at a strike. Tories could have held the moral high ground letting the Telegraph do their dirty work for them

By implying the French he surrenders a bit of that moral high ground that is so dramatically collapsing around Labour and, possibly yet, the Lib Dems. It has the makings of an omnishafting.

Yes they have acres of "moral high ground" to lose right enough - shower of twisted lying bastardss.