Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worrying thing is I think you might be wrong. There will be plenty of people swayed by these debates and how funny, engaging, human etc these people are. I agree that they are pointless though as it takes away from policy and turns it into even more of a personality contest than it is.

Truth be told in fact, I wouldn't have them at all.

Only watched by 7 million folk. That's less than a sixth of the electorate. Most if them will have already made up their mind which way to vote.

I used to wonder how the Nazis managed to come to power in Germany but watching Farage recently has been f@cking scary!

I cannot understand how anyone can vote for the nasty little turd.

Like most others, I thought Nicola was excellent, but she did get away with a couple of opportunities she left hanging for her opponents:

To farage "blaming everything on foreigners"

Eh?

it seems that only SNP has "hardened activists". The Tories and Labour have "activists"........

Just as SNP conferences as full of 'zealous' supporters - not just supporters.

And... Sturgeon wasn't modest but 'affected' modesty

just came on to see the Tambers analysis the #leadersdebate ,
(ok I shouldn't but I will admit it) I'm wiping away the tears at various pg tips and jugs references ...don't get this in the guardian!

thought Farage was going to have an eppy in the first 20 mins (haven't said "eppy "since school days) and was looking forward to him having a career ending tirade that could have ended physically.

funniest moment was the reply to the young lassies question "what will you promise the younger generation ?"
Natalaie Bennet started wittering on about invertebrates ..., at that moment I experienced the exact same feeling as when Gibraltar scored against us. I squinted my face, pulled the neck of my T-shirt up over my mouth and shouted nooooo

Same here, think I managed 45 minutes this evening before falling asleep.

Has to be the most dull and boring debate I have ever seen. Overly staged managed and clearly scripted to within an inch of its life

I'm starting to wonder if the media bigging up wee nic is what it seems to be.could there be a spin where they push wee nic to the fore in the hope that middle England fight back "so those jocks don't get the power they want" sort of thing. Just seems strange they way they are suddenly all over her or in some cases such as the daily mail trying to totally demonize her. Just feel there is something more going on than what we are seeing or am I being to cynical

Edited by hunchy