Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're apparently each going to be given four questions with a minute to answer each one unopposed, so that will take up a chunk of the programme.

But yeah it could become a rabble, although I'd probably prefer a heated debate involving seven folk than the 1 on 1 stairheid rammy that STV's referendum debates turned into.

Who's chairing it ? He / she will be imperative.

Julie Etchingham I believe...

Edited by Toepoke

Sturgeon should go after Nigel. Milliband and Cameron wont, they are trying to woo ukip voters to them down South. Sturgeon could make a great deal of capital out of giving Farage a doing. Down South wont like it but it will play very well up here.

Sturgeon should go after Nigel. Milliband and Cameron wont, they are trying to woo ukip voters to them down South. Sturgeon could make a great deal of capital out of giving Farage a doing. Down South wont like it but it will play very well up here.

Wouldn't be so sure. There's plenty English people who aren't neo-liberal racists but their options right now are pretty limited. Will be refreshing for them to hear an alternative to the current BBC orthodoxy.

You can get 1/3 that any one of the party leaders mentions "Alex salmond" tonight with sky bet. Bet is called debate bingo.

Fill yer boots!

Does it have to be full name? Salmonds very much a surname only kind of mentionable... Unless it's Sturgeon that says it right enough.

Hopefully Nicola has a good run. Tough format though - think each leader getting maximum of 14 minutes over course of entire program. That's not a lot of time at all. Probably minimises chances of any leader having an absolute mare, so more important to get her key message and points across.

Would be very hard for Nicola to screw this up to be honest, so really just has to play it safe and look reasonable next to Cameron and Miliband.

Would be very hard for Nicola to screw this up to be honest, so really just has to play it safe and look reasonable next to Cameron and Miliband.

She'll get it tight I reckon. Labour and Tory vote is far too close for them to risk turning this into an exposing and possibly damaging 1v1. Saying that I reckon Cameron will play the Labour in Salmonds pocket line.

I've seen enough of Nic to know she'll be able to handle anything thrown at her, as long as she is prepared.

And how the fück is Farage bookies favourite to win this? He's an utterly shit debater, lacks answers and covers with that horrible sneering laugh.

She'll get it tight I reckon. Labour and Tory vote is far too close for them to risk turning this into an exposing and possibly damaging 1v1. Saying that I reckon Cameron will play the Labour in Salmonds pocket line.

I've seen enough of Nic to know she'll be able to handle anything thrown at her, as long as she is prepared.

And how the fück is Farage bookies favourite to win this? He's an utterly shit debater, lacks answers and covers with that horrible sneering laugh.

Bookies are always right :-)):-)):-))

I agree Cameron may try to use SNP to make Miliband weak. But in general I don't see why Cameron and Miliband would go out of their way to talk up the SNP threat - especially as SNP are there to defend themselves - they'd probably prefer to paint SNP as an irrelevance to the main fight, rather than get dragged into a fight which they know little about.

I don't see why Sturgeon would go for UKIP in particular. Any other party can have a pop at them. Why waste ammunition on a party that is on the decline? If anything a vote for UKIP in Scotland splits the Unionist vote.

If the 4 Unionist parties were to gang up on Sturgeon, surely they'd only be stating what everyone already knows about SNP ambitions to break up Britain - hardly shock news. It could even be counterproductive if it seems like Labour and Tory are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Where will the bananaskins come from? More than abuse or brain fade, I think they need to avoid letting slip some ugly opinion or prejudice they normally keep concealed. As that could have a lasting effect.

Labour cannot really attack the SNP outright as this is UK debate and they need to go for Tories surely , they'd just look stupid.....arf

Tories far more likely to have a dig at SNP helping "lips" into power...

Farrage bound to come out with some jock-bashing gaffe about SNP holding power over dear old blighty..

Libs - who gives a toss..

Greens - embarrassing I guess.

Labour cannot really attack the SNP outright as this is UK debate and they need to go for Tories surely , they'd just look stupid.....arf

Tories far more likely to have a dig at SNP helping "lips" into power...

Farrage bound to come out with some jock-bashing gaffe about SNP holding power over dear old blighty..

Libs - who gives a toss..

Greens - embarrassing I guess.

Plaid? Woods is very good. Could steal the show if the audience isn't of the "BBC" variety.

I see there is beginnings of some story developing on twitter about Jim Fairlie opening up his gub again and putting his size 9's right in it. He's been arguing for immigration curbs to stop the problem of the bigger % of immigrants voting no at next referendum. Expect this to be thrown at Nicola like how Jim Sillars comments were dug out near the end of the referendum campaign and put on national news.