Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's Leaders Tv Debate

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily Heil really can't help themselves, can they?

Indeed, if there's a story fair enough report it... But by making it the cover story when EVERY other paper (bar the English Daily Mail) are covering the debate is just mockingly ridiculous.

Edit: by "if there's a story" I didn't mean the one they chose to report... Just in general.

Edited by Scunnered

Like most others, I thought Nicola was excellent, but she did get away with a couple of opportunities she left hanging for her opponents:

To farage "blaming everything on foreigners" and to Cameron "preferring to divorce yourself from the (european) system rather than stay in it and help improve it for everyone". Either/both of these could have been turned round and pointed back at the SNP in relation to blaming Westminster and trying to exit UK.

However, nobody seemed to pick her up on it, and away she went. Wonder what would happen if Labour UK offered her a gig as leader...

Wonder what would happen if Labour UK offered her a gig as leader...

You could say she's already got the job!

Sturgeon was good but she'll never have an easier evening.

True, I think she'll get a tougher time in the Scottish leaders debate, although that will be a bit strange with 4 (or 5?) people involved and only Jim Murphy actually running for election... Edited by Toepoke

"In December 2004,[3] Leanne Wood was the first assembly member to be ordered out of the chamber for referring to the Queen as "Mrs Windsor" during a debate."

What a woman.

:lol: Didn't know that, superb. I didn't know much about her until last night but she was excellent. Her and Sturgeon seem to have a wee understanding going on and I think Westminster are going to get their erses felt come 7th May.

"In December 2004,[3] Leanne Wood was the first assembly member to be ordered out of the chamber for referring to the Queen as "Mrs Windsor" during a debate."

What a woman.

That's harsh given what Skinner has survived over the years.

http://www.newstatesman.com/staggers/2014/06/queens-speech-dennis-skinners-greatest-hits-2014-edition

What a woman.

I thought that was brilliant when I read that the other day - can't believe that Tommy Sheridan, Rosie Kane, Carolyn Leckie or any other SSP MSPs didn't do the same when they were at Holyrood.

There's far too much deference to the Windsors. The whole set up at Westminster with the unelected House of Lords, the Queen reading out the government's legislative programme and all the archaic rituals (Black Rod FFS!) is designed to keep people in their place. Hope the SNP really try to shake it up after the election - all this ' the honourable member for Chislehurst' and 'Ayes and Noes' stuff and the toadying questions to the PM at PMQs ('Does the Prime Minister agree that he's really great'?) is a load of old pish too.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/england-strangely-drawn-to-terrifying-scottish-woman-2015040397044

England strangely drawn to terrifying Scottish woman
03-04-15

sturg.jpg

VOTERS in England last night found themselves terrorised and seduced by a medium sized Scottish woman.

As SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon was released across the UK, English viewers of the election debate said they found her deeply threatening ‘but in a good way’.

Jane Thompson, from Hatfield, said: “She’s a combination of Suzi Quatro and Sir Alex Ferguson. But I understand that all Scottish women are exactly like that.

“Noisy, efficient and utterly merciless.”

Julian Cook, from Finsbury Park, said: “She’s strong like Thatcher, but with a human touch that says, ‘I’m going to let you live, but on my terms’.

“She will now conquer us because we are led by M&S mannequins that don’t even have heads.

“But I think Sturgeon’s will be a mostly benign dictatorship and I have no objection to adopting vile Scottish habits if that becomes the law.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/england-strangely-drawn-to-terrifying-scottish-woman-2015040397044

England strangely drawn to terrifying Scottish woman

03-04-15

sturg.jpg

VOTERS in England last night found themselves terrorised and seduced by a medium sized Scottish woman.

As SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon was released across the UK, English viewers of the election debate said they found her deeply threatening ‘but in a good way’.

Jane Thompson, from Hatfield, said: “She’s a combination of Suzi Quatro and Sir Alex Ferguson. But I understand that all Scottish women are exactly like that.

“Noisy, efficient and utterly merciless.”

Julian Cook, from Finsbury Park, said: “She’s strong like Thatcher, but with a human touch that says, ‘I’m going to let you live, but on my terms’.

“She will now conquer us because we are led by M&S mannequins that don’t even have heads.

“But I think Sturgeon’s will be a mostly benign dictatorship and I have no objection to adopting vile Scottish habits if that becomes the law.”

I don't know if I should laugh at that or be outraged by it