Scotland Players In Action - Page 125 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but reserve team football is not going to develop him as a player.

he is training with the first team and the b team play in the second tier which will most probably be of a higher technical level than the SPL (see the aberdeen celtic game for reference) we would all love to see him playing first team football for sporting but he is a work in progress at a huge portugese club, but i agree he cant be at this level for more than 2 seasons.

Edited by LewisEDI

LewisEDI, on 13 Sept 2015 - 7:34 PM, said:

the b team play in the second tier which will most probably be of a higher technical level than the SPL (see the aberdeen celtic game for reference)

Watch a lot of Portuguese 2nd tier games do you? Or have you just made something up to slag off Scottish fitbaw for no reason?

Watch a lot of Portuguese 2nd tier games do you? Or have you just made something up to slag off Scottish fitbaw for no reason?

From what I can gather, speaking Portuguese lad, the Portuguese somewhere in between the English Championship and the SPL so I can’t imagine the Portuguese 1st division is any better than the SPL.

Was at the Preston v Derby game with my dad (who's a Preston fan) on Saturday and Johnny Russell was excellent, both offensively and defensively. Great assist for the goal. Food for thought for Strachan.

Martin had a good game and May looked lively when he came on for Preston, think he'll do well there.

LewisEDI, on 14 Sept 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

watched about 5 games to see Gauld. i would say it is technically better from what i have seen.

You've watched 5 games in your entire life. Cool.

Was at the Preston v Derby game with my dad (who's a Preston fan) on Saturday and Johnny Russell was excellent, both offensively and defensively. Great assist for the goal. Food for thought for Strachan.

Martin had a good game and May looked lively when he came on for Preston, think he'll do well there.

I really rate Russel, hard worker all the time. Would like him to get more playing time for scoand

LewisEDI, on 14 Sept 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

not really, glad you are impressed though. on the defensive again as i mentioned Aberdeen....

Nah, feck all to do with Aberdeen. Just sick fed up of folk slagging off Scottish football for no reason.

Nah, feck all to do with Aberdeen. Just sick fed up of folk slagging off Scottish football for no reason.

Was talking to a friend of a friend last night in the pub about the Aberdeen v Celtic game. He was a Celtic supporter and at the end of the conversation he said "we are just rubbish". I said something about the jury still being out on Deila, and he said "naw, I meant Scottish football is just rubbish". Had to laugh that through the failings of his own team/manager and on the back of some inept team selection from Strachan, he is now of this opinion - if Celtic had a half decent manager or could hold on to a lead they would be in the CL; if Strachan had picked an on form team we would be going looking at the Euros. With Aberdeen presenting a challenge, Hearts crowds up and a strong home presence, there would be so much to point out in terms of positives this season - yet paper thin failings seem to be all some folks need to start to batter the game in Scotland.

ParisInAKilt, on 14 Sept 2015 - 2:23 PM, said:

It's funny my Celtic supporting mate said the same thing as soon as the game on Saturday ended

"Scottish football is shite anyway"

:lol:

Would have been wonderful if Celtic won 3 0 though

Aye, for years they've moaned about it being too easy. Now they've got a challenge and that makes it even shiter. Rather than being a positive about having a league that is truly competitive, it's a negative and proof that the league is shite.

It's a sad mindset that some folk have.