Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 387 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, min said:

Whyte lost the Ticketus case and is personally liable for £18m. Doubt he's paid that somehow.

I'm sure I read that Whyte's lawyers have had to pay that (or possibly their PI insurers, dunno) - don't think Ticketus have been left out of pocket - just very red faced. 

1 hour ago, Regenmann said:

I'm sure I read that Whyte's lawyers have had to pay that (or possibly their PI insurers, dunno) - don't think Ticketus have been left out of pocket - just very red faced. 

Whyte's lawyers paid Ticketus back years ago. I bet the lawyers are kicking themselves now as it appears they didn't have to do that.

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

So two hours for the jury to decide.  Why did this ever come to court?

From what I read the prosecution messed up and were forced to present a watered down case. Apparently the was something wrong with the warrents for the raid on Duff and Phelps offices which meant all of the evidence gathered there couldn't be used and there were other similar issues.So I think the case was a lot stronger than what was actually presented in court. Obviously the prosecution felt that there was still sufficient evidence to get a conviction.

29 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Whyte's lawyers paid Ticketus back years ago. I bet the lawyers are kicking themselves now as it appears they didn't have to do that.

Are you sure? Whyte's lawyers (Collyer Bristo) settled out of court to the tune of £24m with Oldco liquidators BDO. This went into the general pot and the remains (after substantial fees have been deducted) will be distributed amongst the creditors generally - not Ticketus specifically (they may get 5p in the £ through this process).

A court ruled that Whyte is personally liable (through various guarantees) that he gave.

19 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Yeah the key thing was the outsanding bank debt at that point. Part of the deal was Whyte had to pay that back, which he did but using money borrowed against 3 seasons worth of ticket sales (always found it strange that ticketus would lend the money when the the borrower didn't have control of items the loan was secured against, but hey they got their money back from Whyte's lawyers so I guess they really aren't too bothered). Really there was nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

The ultimate fault here lies with Murray, he sold to the first person that came along with a *credible looking* bid and was in too much of a hurry to get out the door to really care what happened in the end.

Did Murray or was he not accused of doing something similar to Whyte eg basically mortgaging season tickets/ borrowing money on sales of season tickets?

54 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Did Murray or was he not accused of doing something similar to Whyte eg basically mortgaging season tickets/ borrowing money on sales of season tickets?

Difference was Murray had control of the assets i.e. season tickets to borrow the money. Whyte at point had no more control over the season tickets than me or you

1 hour ago, min said:

Are you sure? Whyte's lawyers (Collyer Bristo) settled out of court to the tune of £24m with Oldco liquidators BDO. This went into the general pot and the remains (after substantial fees have been deducted) will be distributed amongst the creditors generally - not Ticketus specifically (they may get 5p in the £ through this process).

A court ruled that Whyte is personally liable (through various guarantees) that he gave.

yeah, possibly misremembering the specific details.

11 hours ago, Big Col said:

I've been duped

same defence as sir david murray

You've got an excuse though - not to guess what you do for a living, but doubt you would have gained the same knowledge as Murray had running his multi million pound empire :ok:

11 hours ago, min said:

This is correct

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

40000 season tickets sold, Host of new signings and now running the country. Its a good time to be a Rangers fan.

:ok: Be good to beat the 44,000 record. Hopefully the new sponsorship stuff announced in the coming days too.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, EddardStark said:

now running the country. Its a good time to be a Rangers fan.

That reminds me of a joke I heard earlier about the DUP saying gays are perverts yet most worship King Billy who's arse was invaded more times than Iraq!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Andy Devlin‏ @AndyDev28 34s35 seconds ago
More
@RangersFC have struck a deal with Sports Direct allowing fans to buy strips. 7 year deal ripped up. Enter into new 1 year contract.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Apparently an announcment coming up at 16:15.

Wowsers.