Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 390 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not as simple as the retail deal being ripped up, is it? Sports Direct will still sell Rangers products and get the vast majority of the profits, won't they? Although the Rangers mega store at Ibrox will make Rangers a higher %age of profits. 

Anything sold through the Rangers Megastore (instore and online) is split 75/25 in Rangers favour.  Anything sold by Sports Direct is split 50/50.  This is only till the end of the coming season when Rangers will be able to negotiate a new deal with whomever they choose.  Given the previous deal was 7/93 in Sports Direct's favour for all sales then this is obviously a significant improvement.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Anything sold through the Rangers Megastore (instore and online) is split 75/25 in Rangers favour.  Anything sold by Sports Direct is split 50/50.  This is only till the end of the coming season when Rangers will be able to negotiate a new deal with whomever they choose.  Given the previous deal was 7/93 in Sports Direct's favour for all sales then this is obviously a significant improvement.

Indeed. It's still an utterly shite deal though. :lol: 

Doesn't the old deal also end on July 1st 2017? So all the immediate purchases will get Sports Direct loads all the profits? 

55 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

To be honest that's all semantics.  He's away and the retail deal has been ripped up which is by far the most important thing.  And also his 9% shareholding was one of the significant blockers to King et al being able to have a new share issue so whatever Ashley's reasons for selling up it can only been seen as a positive for King.

I fully get that you'll continue to look for a negative spin though.

not really FB. I was quite positive for  a while, however I am not taking everything the press say at face value - we will find out how good a deal it all is in time. I understand getting rid of Ashley is a bonus for you as most supporters wanted this. that's fair enough.

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Indeed. It's still an utterly shite deal though. :lol: 

Doesn't the old deal also end on July 1st 2017? So all the immediate purchases will get Sports Direct loads all the profits? 

No, the deal ended and the new deal had started when it was announced.

It is a shit deal (though I am not sure how much of a cut retailers usually take from selling club's strips?), but Sports direct weren't going to just tear up the deal and walk away with nothing. This deal is a million times better than the old one with money actually going into the club, and it ends in 1 year leaving us open to finidng a better deal elsewhere, where as the old deal still had 5-6 years to run.

Edited by theweestevie

Just now, theweestevie said:

No, the deal ended and the new deal had started when it was announced.

It is a shit deal, but Sports direct weren't going to just tear up the deal and walk away with nothing. This deal is a million times better than the old one, and it ends in 1 year leaving us open to finidng a better deal elsewhere, where as the old deal still had 5-6 years to run.

I'm guessing from a sports direct point of view 50% of something is better than 93% of nothing, so everyone wins.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm guessing from a sports direct point of view 50% of something is better than 93% of nothing, so everyone wins.

Exactly.  While the new deal isn't great for Rangers in comparison to other clubs it gives us 1 year of a helluva lot more retail revenue than we would have had (new away strip out soon I believe) and then come the 2018/19 season the ability to negotiate a much better deal.  Given the numbers that strip will sell in I don't think we'll be short of kit suppliers, distributors and sponsors offering us more favourable terms.  The futures bright.....

The straw clutching on here by Parklife is absolutely pathetic mind, although not entirely unexpected.

Its hard to paint vastly better terms and the ability to get out of the deal in year as anything other than positive, but fair play for trying. 

19 hours ago, Chief said:

The straw clutching on here by Parklife is absolutely pathetic mind, although not entirely unexpected.

Its hard to paint vastly better terms and the ability to get out of the deal in year as anything other than positive, but fair play for trying. 

What are you on about? The kit deal Rangers have is still utterly shite. It's better than they had previously, agreed. Doesn't make it not a shite deal though. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What are you on about? The kit deal Rangers have is still utterly shite. It's better than they had previously, agreed. Doesn't make it not a shite deal though. :lol:

How does it compare to others? I've never seen info of others out on here so would be interesting to make comparison. 

On 6/26/2017 at 11:43 AM, Fairbairn said:

I would not be surprised if there is "Transfer Pricing" involved here so the profits are based on Statutory Profits 

ie  Manufacturing Cost + Intracompany Mark Up

ie Intl Companies manufacture stuff, and xfer to overseas entity, but they must reflect a Statutory Profit which could be 10% Uplift or 50% uplift (Common practice in many companies is 50%)

so $100 cost becomes $150 on overseas books, and then this becomes cost of sales

so - if Ashlef has managed to to implement a transfer pricing COS, the statutory profit of 50%/75% for Rangers could be a lot less, cos Ashley has already taken his profit at front end  

it's what i would do 

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

Celtic earned over 12 million last year on merchandise

I was looking for more the detail on the specific deal to be honest, like it seems fair game to say Rangers new deal is shite but I'm not sure it's compared to anything 

1 hour ago, Chief said:

I was looking for more the detail on the specific deal to be honest, like it seems fair game to say Rangers new deal is shite but I'm not sure it's compared to anything 

Motherwell have PSL (provan sports) running the club shop and all that side of things, I know St Mirren were using them too.

No idea how it works though?

Whether they take a cut, Motherwell take a cut, or they pay Motherwell a fixed fee... 

50 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell have PSL (provan sports) running the club shop and all that side of things, I know St Mirren were using them too.

No idea how it works though?

Whether they take a cut, Motherwell take a cut, or they pay Motherwell a fixed fee... 

That's that cleared up then.

On 2017-6-27 at 3:33 PM, Parklife said:

He's right, maybe. You're saying it's a shite deal but you can't prove that unless you've got similar values for other deals. 

He can't prove otherwise. 

But essentially it's not a shite deal compared to the only other one that we know about, the previous one at Ibrox. 

It's actually an excellent deal compared to that one. ? 

On 2017-6-25 at 11:24 PM, Langtonian said:

Rangers fans= gullable

kings a buffoon

When you learn to spell gullible we'll worry about your opinion. ?

King is daft for making those comments. Only speak about your own club. 

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He's right, maybe. You're saying it's a shite deal but you can't prove that unless you've got similar values for other deals. 

He can't prove otherwise. 

But essentially it's not a shite deal compared to the only other one that we know about, the previous one at Ibrox. 

It's actually an excellent deal compared to that one. ? 

You're welcome to think whatever puts a wee smile on your face. :)

17 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

When you learn to spell gullible we'll worry about your opinion. ?

King is daft for making those comments. Only speak about your own club. 

Geez,picking up on a spelling error,is that your best? and really couldnt care less if you worry or not regards my opinion.

King is a buffoon and unsurprising the bears are lapping him up much like when Charlie Green was in charge

9 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Geez,picking up on a spelling error,is that your best? and really couldnt care less if you worry or not regards my opinion.

King is a buffoon and unsurprising the bears are lapping him up much like when Charlie Green was in charge

Your punctuation is worse than your spelling.