Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 180 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't see twitter in work but if it's the one I seen last night I don't think i get it either. Looked like players warming up at half time to me?

It's because the Alloa players look to be doing some proper drills, short sharp passes, etc. While the Rangers players are just mucking about, hitting long, mis-placed passes to each other.

I felt it was a bit harsh TBH, most teams players just muck about at HT.

I can't see twitter in work but if it's the one I seen last night I don't think i get it either. Looked like players warming up at half time to me?

Aye, looks like the subs out doing a warm up routine at half time.

Looks like some sort of drill they are doing, as opposed to the usual fannying about.

It's because the Alloa players look to be doing some proper drills, short sharp passes, etc. While the Rangers players are just mucking about, hitting long, mis-placed passes to each other.

Aha!

I presumed it was the Rangers players.

(The picture is quite small on my phone)

I was thinking it was a good thing, but get the point now.

Presumably the rangers Subs were doing the usual long shooty, keepy uppy and standing in a wee circle giggling that normally goes on.

Aha!

I presumed it was the Rangers players.

(The picture is quite small on my phone)

I was thinking it was a good thing, but get the point now.

Presumably the rangers Subs were doing the usual long shooty, keepy uppy and standing in a wee circle giggling that normally goes on.

Yeah. it was a video i seen, which was cutting between the 2 teams.

Granted, although when you are such a disorganised rabble (as we are) every little thing will be scrutinised. Alloa have looked better prepared, better organised and fitter in all of the games against us this season......perhaps if our players had the attitude of theirs we wouldn't be in this bloody position.

...perhaps if our players had the attitude of theirs we wouldn't be in this bloody position.

Definitely. Your players have (at least had) more ability than at least 7 of the teams in your league. Yet, their professionalism and work rate seems to be the worst in the division.

I've seen Alloa do this a few times, it's not their subs out drilling at half time - it's the first team, they do another warm up before the 2nd half.... had elastic/bungee things tied to the fence round Recreation park... I was a bit WTF when i saw this, think Hartley started it....

The rangers subs are doing what every other bunch of subs do at half time....nowt

no

I've seen Alloa do this a few times, it's not their subs out drilling at half time - it's the first team, they do another warm up before the 2nd half.... had elastic/bungee things tied to the fence round Recreation park... I was a bit WTF when i saw this, think Hartley started it....

He has Dundee players doing it, no idea if its beneficial, I think they look daft, but he obviously thinks its advantageous.

I've spoken to a few sports scientists and they reckon a lot of football injuries are preventable by employing different warm up techniques.

I'm sure also i read an article about a lower league side who have hardly any injuries as their manager is a sports scientists and he warms up their hamstrings with particular techniques.

Definitely. Your players have (at least had) more ability than at least 7 of the teams in your league. Yet, their professionalism and work rate seems to be the worst in the division.

In the cup game when the came back and beat us their players were running all over ours towards the end. I'm from the area myself and I know for a fact 3 of their boys didnt even make it to the ground until 40 mins before kick off, due to them getting caught in traffic after a day shift.

Says it all.

I've spoken to a few sports scientists and they reckon a lot of football injuries are preventable by employing different warm up techniques.

I'm sure also i read an article about a lower league side who have hardly any injuries as their manager is a sports scientists and he warms up their hamstrings with particular techniques.

Motherwell have just employed a fitness and conditioning coach.

The new owner was pretty scathing of the way things were being done at fir park, and this is one of the areas he's addressed immediately.

Motherwell have just employed a fitness and conditioning coach.

The new owner was pretty scathing of the way things were being done at fir park, and this is one of the areas he's addressed immediately.

I'm told it makes a huge difference.