Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 59 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Are Rangers the first team to commemorate playing in a semi final ? Will they be adding another star to their jersey to mark the occasion ?

When you consider that this might be the only time the two clubs (RFC 2012 & CFC) meet it could be a historic match irrespective of the outcome.

I'm beginning to lose track of all the people that RFC 2012 owe money to. Ignoring the onerous contracts,

• They are due money from Dundee Utd for the wee lad they sold. But BDO sent them a cease and desist and told them that it was in fact BDO who were due the bulk of the money. Will this money go direct to BDO?
  • They owe £250K for the EBT fine
  • They will owe Mr Super Ally £400K if they remove the confidentiality clause from the compromise agreement. Failing that its an increase of £350K they haven't budgeted for in the form of increased salary to £750K over the next 12 months
  • Do they still potentially owe money to Imran Ahmed?
  • What about all the other directors like Stockbridge? Have they all been paid?

I'm still confused by Mike Ashley. How does he expect to make more money from RFC 2012 than NUFC?

• The EPL tv money dwarfs any money that he would get from RFC 2012, even if RFC2012 were miraculously going to make the group stage of the Champions League every year.
  • The transfer fees on offer down south mean that there is serious money to be made in the transfer market e.g. Carroll and Cabaye sales in the past 3-4 years.
  • Naming rights on Ibrox aren't going to bring him big bucks.
  • RFC2012 shirt sales are small fry compared to the tv money south of the border.

I really don't understand where Ashley is expecting to make money. Anybody got an idea?

If Ashley were to underwrite another share issue, he would be in further breach of the dual ownership rules at a time when he is already being charged by the SFA. If he ignores this and increases his shareholding, do we seriously think the SFA would have the balls to remove the licence from RFC2012? Even ignoring this as a factor and assuming he was allowed dual ownership, an injection of £6-8m is required just to get RFC2012 through until the end of the season. If, as is rumoured, they plan to offload some playing assets in January, their chances of automatic promotion will take a serious hit. If they don't get promoted this year, is Ashley going to stick around?

I'm at a loss to understand his motivations for getting involved in the first place given that he's a bit late to the party after Green et al sucked several million out of the club.

Edited by tartandon

Everyones favourite blogger thinks Ashely is putting £6m into an internal share issue and they will get £2m from selling players to make up the difference.

but wouldn't they just run out again in 3 months or whenever unless something structural changes. Is it not just burning the furniture ?

I'm beginning to lose track of all the people that RFC 2012 owe money to. Ignoring the onerous contracts,

• They are due money from Dundee Utd for the wee lad they sold. But BDO sent them a cease and desist and told them that it was in fact BDO who were due the bulk of the money. Will this money go direct to BDO?
  • They owe £250K for the EBT fine
  • They will owe Mr Super Ally £400K if they remove the confidentiality clause from the compromise agreement. Failing that its an increase of £350K they haven't budgeted for in the form of increased salary to £750K over the next 12 months
  • Do they still potentially owe money to Imran Ahmed?
  • What about all the other directors like Stockbridge? Have they all been paid?

I'm still confused by Mike Ashley. How does he expect to make more money from RFC 2012 than NUFC?

• The EPL tv money dwarfs any money that he would get from RFC 2012, even if RFC2012 were miraculously going to make the group stage of the Champions League every year.
  • The transfer fees on offer down south mean that there is serious money to be made in the transfer market e.g. Carroll and Cabaye sales in the past 3-4 years.
  • Naming rights on Ibrox aren't going to bring him big bucks.
  • RFC2012 shirt sales are small fry compared to the tv money south of the border.

I really don't understand where Ashley is expecting to make money. Anybody got an idea?

If Ashley were to underwrite another share issue, he would be in further breach of the dual ownership rules at a time when he is already being charged by the SFA. If he ignores this and increases his shareholding, do we seriously think the SFA would have the balls to remove the licence from RFC2012? Even ignoring this as a factor and assuming he was allowed dual ownership, an injection of £6-8m is required just to get RFC2012 through until the end of the season. If, as is rumoured, they plan to offload some playing assets in January, their chances of automatic promotion will take a serious hit. If they don't get promoted this year, is Ashley going to stick around?

I'm at a loss to understand his motivations for getting involved in the first place given that he's a bit late to the party after Green et al sucked several million out of the club.

80 grand to Neil Alexander though Rangers prepared to go through a costly appeal

He was on Sportsound last night. Every quote is taken from that.

Tom English just flat out asked him "how much were you on at Rangers, Kevin?" And,f air play to Kyle, he wasn't slow in giving numbers.

Ian Black on £7/8k per week. Incredible.

Personally I think these ludicrous wages are a consequence of that period when RFC 2012 was a new born. Back then there was an 'at all costs' keenness to maintain 'continuity' and have the same 'shop front' as RFC 1899 even if the entire 'shop back' was long replaced. The bandits in charge knew nothing about running a football club so they simply threw bags of money at that problem while at the same time keeping even more bags for themselves. It was a win-win for the bandits (du jour) & team du Sallary. Everyone was cashing in... at the expense of ordinary huuns... Ponzi me once shame on you, Ponzi me twice shame on me. The best way to reaffirm your freedom is to figuratively burn Ibrox down yourselves. For years you have been saying it is not about the company, the assets, it is about the club. So be prepared to walk the talk.

McCoist £3m

McDowell £1.5m

Durrant £1m

McCulloch £3m

Wallace £2m

They all must have earned close to that with bonus in the three years since Rangers were liquidated if paper talk/rumours are half true

They have paid out over £24m in footballing wages to get where they are.That is ludicrous.For that money they should have at the very least the second best team in Scotland,at the moment they are struggling to be the second best team in the second best league.