Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 64 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

John brown trumps it by saying he didn't get tickets for the directors box. :blink:

Why should he?

He was the guest of the Manager and as such is given a seat in the Directors box as is the norm. When he turned up the directors had went over Ally's head and refused him entry, instead putting him to the Cooper Suite. Clearly shitting themselves at what he would ask or say to them.

That was an utter shambles today. Somers clearly thought that daft wee comedy show was going to get him somewhere. Wouldn't answer any awkward questions and was very arrogant in his approach saying stuff like, 'We will do it my way, once you are the Chairman of Rangers, we can do it yours'

I am utterly amazed that only 1 person tried to approach them and even more so at the 10 or 15 idiots who applauded them. Talk about head in the sand.

Edited by Angus_Young

Somers report was all very well and good about all the revenue coming in but why no mention of the spending/costs? Surely in the interests of openness with the fans, which he claims is what they want, they should be putting all that information out there, however bad if might be.

Spot on with this,a though that is of course a very awkward and sticky subject. Not a chance that would be getting any air time.

Was Durie already on the payroll?

Yes, he is/was in charge of the Under 20's.

Reports are he is well thought of as a coach. The stats don't really back that up mind you.

Thing is I would imagine the Under 20's will follow the same sort of structure, training regimes as the 1st team. Durie, if he is indeed a good coach may well be a good appointment, how will have his own ideas, McCulloch though? The mind boggles.

Complete pantomime.

Yes, he is/was in charge of the Under 20's.

Reports are he is well thought of as a coach. The stats don't really back that up mind you.

Thing is I would imagine the Under 20's will follow the same sort of structure, training regimes as the 1st team. Durie, if he is indeed a good coach may well be a good appointment, how will have his own ideas, McCulloch though? The mind boggles.

Complete pantomime.

Oh, no it's not!

Fair play to the Rangers shareholders there. They have finally awoken to the fact they have a bunch of charlatans at the helm of their club. Surprised at quite the extent of their vocal displeasure.

In all seriousness it's a shame for those decent fans and shareholders to see their club decimated the way it has been by a succession of scoundrels. We would all hate it if it was our club.

plenty of examples of management teams where senior pros have a role on the bench.. Giggs for one at Man Utd. I imagine McCulloch is going to be one of the players who's contract is up for renewal so this is an option to put him to use for the remainder of his contract. Never really understood Durrant's role at Rangers

Its coming up to the day of reckoning. There is still an offer on the table from King and Co. Rangers need £8m by Jan, I doubt the fans will give any more cash over to this board. Ashley needs to declare his intent. I doubt he will give £8m in loans. After todays shambles I can see fans voting with their feet.

Edited by EddardStark

If the illuminati had assembled their top boys in one room and over the course of a year concocted a bullet proof plan to destroy The2 Rangers Football Club it would be hard to distinguish it from the path we have travelled. (And then the two front window protagonists were called Mr Whyte and Mr Green... pffft it has their piss taking signature all over it.)

plenty of examples of management teams where senior pros have a role on the bench.. Giggs for one at Man Utd. I imagine McCulloch is going to be one of the players who's contract is up for renewal so this is an option to put him to use for the remainder of his contract. Never really understood Durrant's role at Rangers

Its coming up to the day of reckoning. There is still an offer on the table from King and Co. Rangers need £8m by Jan, I doubt the fans will give any more cash over to this board. Ashley needs to declare his intent. I doubt he will give £8m in loans. After todays shambles I can see fans voting with their feet.

Agree on Durrant mate. My issue with McCulloch is that it all seems very much like 'jobs for the boys'. I really don't see what any of this is achieving.

Re Ashley I think this was the plan all along given they voted against a share issue for new investors.

Surely hibs will fancy there chances at easter road at the weekend.

Did they not win convincingly at ibrox earlier in the season ? After a horrendous set of results for stubbsy.

Funny old game !

I do. Flying up Saturday AM on the red eye. Can't wait!

J

So Ashley is looking to up his stake to 30%....how does this work out with the SFA?

I'll admit I am lost now on this panto but is there not a ruling that stops this or am I mistaken?

Not that it matters mind as no doubt a set of special rules will apply if there is such a ruling.

Someone care to update me?