Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 359 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Sandison suggests Kinloch was a "professional gambler" as he was "carrying on an activity in pursuit of profit."

Guess we are all professional gamblers then...albeit not very good at it most of the time...

If I was a professional gambler I'd have been sacked for gross negligence on my first day!!

35 minutes ago, aaid said:

Regardless of whether that is right or not, the point still stands that I suspect they know more about the facts, detail and background than anyone else on here.

On your second point, I'm not a grass.

Adam Crozier doesn't post here does he?

I can't judge if it's right or not, but every report from Age Concern to the parliamentary investigation castigated  it as a disaster, destroying communities, creating "ghost towns", with a "sham" of a consultation process, I can't even find a dissenting report.

However maybe the person was arguing that they hadn't been listening to the consultation , with the anonymous TAMBer claiming they had. Then the person with all the facts and knowledge would have been wrong.As evidenced by the ream of post event reports.

That's why appeals to authority are a logical fallacy. All these "insiders" with their knowledge said Armstrong wasn't doping, yet the evidence said he was.

Basically investigate the claim not the people making the claim. :)

4 hours ago, ShedTA said:

well this is true RB though we tend to disagree not to wind you up but because we know the facts of what actually occurred. If some people want to forget them then that's their shout.

you still support a club called rangers and that's really what matters to rangers supporters. but you cant expect us to blindly comply. But then we've possibly been through this before I think...;)

I've no idea what happened. 

Do explain,do you know anything about it?

:D

7 hours ago, phart said:

Adam Crozier doesn't post here does he?

I can't judge if it's right or not, but every report from Age Concern to the parliamentary investigation castigated  it as a disaster, destroying communities, creating "ghost towns", with a "sham" of a consultation process, I can't even find a dissenting report.

However maybe the person was arguing that they hadn't been listening to the consultation , with the anonymous TAMBer claiming they had. Then the person with all the facts and knowledge would have been wrong.As evidenced by the ream of post event reports.

That's why appeals to authority are a logical fallacy. All these "insiders" with their knowledge said Armstrong wasn't doping, yet the evidence said he was.

Basically investigate the claim not the people making the claim. :)

Not sure what Crozier has to do with this except reinforce people taking a stance based on limited information. Alan Cook was the MD of the Post Office which was and is a different legal entity from Royal Mail.

Perhaps the TAMBER taking issue with it was just taking pish (not uncommon on here) rather than having a look first before preaching but carry on with your baseless assumptions.

Equally the Post Office was criticised by the NFSP (not Post Office people directly) for not closing more outlets as even they recognised that the Network was unsustainable.

You do get nobody uses them, they weirdly come out and protest if closure is threatened but never actually walk through the door.

I am really unclear  WTF Armstrong has got to do with this, they are completely unrelated events.

5 hours ago, andymac said:

Not sure what Crozier has to do with this except reinforce people taking a stance based on limited information. Alan Cook was the MD of the Post Office which was and is a different legal entity from Royal Mail.

Perhaps the TAMBER taking issue with it was just taking pish (not uncommon on here) rather than having a look first before preaching but carry on with your baseless assumptions.

Equally the Post Office was criticised by the NFSP (not Post Office people directly) for not closing more outlets as even they recognised that the Network was unsustainable.

You do get nobody uses them, they weirdly come out and protest if closure is threatened but never actually walk through the door.

I am really unclear  WTF Armstrong has got to do with this, they are completely unrelated events.

Like the public hand-wringing when "Woolies" shut. They shut because footfall had dropped off a cliff.

8 hours ago, andymac said:

When Aaid wouldn't let me know who it was, i brought my considerable intellect to bear and crafted a post intended to antagonize the person into revealing themselves. That was the purpose of the post you quoted.

However your argument above has a false axiom that the Post Office had to make money. Anyway I the information i sought, cheers.

3 hours ago, phart said:

When Aaid wouldn't let me know who it was, i brought my considerable intellect to bear and crafted a post intended to antagonize the person into revealing themselves. That was the purpose of the post you quoted.

Did ye, aye.

On 20/01/2017 at 1:19 PM, aaid said:

Did ye, aye.

Of course he did. More insight than the rest of us put together don't you know.

Personally, I would have just run a search but hey-ho.

43 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Eh? He was head of the committee that tried to stop the sale to Whyte.

It's even mentioned in the article :lol:

Did you even get that far?

I was playing on the switching clubs thing :-)

saying that - doubt Bain was popular with the legal action

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/mar/29/martin-bain-legal-action-rangers

interesting though he was also able to get a gig in Tel Aviv

The Rangers have zero points away to Celtic, Aberdeen, and Hearts so far this season... 0/12.

V top 5 opposition, they have an away draw at St. Johnstone... 1/15 (and 2/6 v Saintees head to head).

They have drawn all 3 games v County... 3/9.

The point gap at the end of the season could be a record setting difference (40?) for a team out of Ibrox trying to compete with a team out of Celtic Park.

Heads will roll (and that's just the on field stuff).

Potentially add 15 or 25 points deduction for an administration.

I can see no way out.

The conspirators didn't do Sevco any favours by fast tracking them into the bottom league without 3 years of accounts.