Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 357 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Source of information is used throughout betting not just in the case.  If he had access to one so did Coral. If they didn't in time and reduce the odds accordingly tough titties. 

Yeah I think the approach they were going for is the punter says "Phil said they were going to be relegated so I placed the bet" and the Coral lawyers are saying "Phil says here, here and here that Rangers were not relegated".

At least that is my interpetation of what was going on, and I am taking that from my vast experience in all matters law (I may have watched several lawyer related tv series don't you know!) :)

2 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Yeah I think the approach they were going for is the punter says "Phil said they were going to be relegated so I placed the bet" and the Coral lawyers are saying "Phil says here, here and here that Rangers were not relegated".

At least that is my interpetation of what was going on, and I am taking that from my vast experience in all matters law (I may have watched several lawyer related tv series don't you know!) :)

He placed a bet based on information he got from phil. They evaluated his bet and accepted it (I can imagine their hysterical laughter at this point) clearly they didn't have the same information until some time after the bet was placed. That is a fault on their side for not being up to speed quick enough, it's not Phil's or the punters.I expect when they had more of an idea this was a possibility they reduced their odds, just like they do for everything else they take bets on. Id also be intrigued to find out if there was other bets accepted at lesser odds? 

For the record you honour I know he haw about law or watch law related tv shows :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

He placed a bet based on information he got from phil. They evaluated his bet and accepted it (I can imagine their hysterical laughter at this point) clearly they didn't have the same information until some time after the bet was placed. That is a fault on their side for not being up to speed quick enough, it's not Phil's or the punters.I expect when they had more of an idea this was a possibility they reduced their odds, just like they do for everything else they take bets on. Id also be intrigued to find out if there was other bets accepted at lesser odds? 

For the record you honour I know he haw about law or watch law related tv shows :lol:

No, I agree the information was there for both sides and if Coral weren't up to speed then that is on them. I was just saying why I thought the Coral lawyer was using mad Phil in his arguments.

Just now, theweestevie said:

No, I agree the information was there for both sides and if Coral weren't up to speed then that is on them. I was just saying why I thought the Coral lawyer was using mad Phil in his arguments.

Who's phil anyway and wit does he know? I'm skint.

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Surreal twitter feed some of the things being asked. 

Mr Fox must be a friend :lol: 

"What happens if a league game goes to extra time" being my favourite from today so far. Coral's questioning of the punter on the rules of Italian and Welsh leagues seems odd. Surely different leagues have different rules. Many Italian sides have been relegated/demoted to lower leagues than they were in previously due not being able to get licenses for the coming season due to the debts they have so not exactly sure how that strengthens Coral's case?

The twitter feed is hilarious. If Coral (labrokes) actually lose this case and quarter of a million then it will be down to their refusal to actually state the truth of what happened. some of what they are saying is just laughable while avoiding the uncomfortable truth. The team was "sold" apparently.:lol:

forgive me if i've missed it - i've not followed all the detail on this, however

was one of the guys main points not that Coral themselves used the word "relegation" on many online adverts and on posters in their shops, when referring to the rangers or the old firm ?

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

The twitter feed is hilarious. If Coral (labrokes) actually lose this case and quarter of a million then it will be down to their refusal to actually state the truth of what happened. some of what they are saying is just laughable while avoiding the uncomfortable truth. The team was "sold" apparently.:lol:

Indeed. Any QC worth their salt would have had this thrown out in minutes.

"Sorry sir, Rangers were never relegated, they ceased to exist and a phoenix club using their name was fast tracked into D3, so your bet couldn't possibly have win"

8 minutes ago, Big Col said:

forgive me if i've missed it - i've not followed all the detail on this, however

was one of the guys main points not that Coral themselves used the word "relegation" on many online adverts and on posters in their shops, when referring to the rangers or the old firm ?

Seems to be that way.

He's also at it in my opinion by playing a bit dumb on what relegation is in the sense of how most people would apply the use of the word in football. 

Coral not coming out of this well. Admitting that odds of 2500/1 are the odds of something having no chance of happening. You could then argue whether a bookmaker should take money from a punter on an event that can't happen? I know ethics and bookies rarely meet but they are basically saying "we took this guys money off him as he was a mug", in their eyes.

2 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Vaughan Williams missing his flight home by the sounds of it. Common sense would have suggested to book a later flight just in case trial over ran.

"Common sense" :lol: 

I wish Ms Poole had used that line. 

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Indeed. Any QC worth their salt would have had this thrown out in minutes.

"Sorry sir, Rangers were never relegated, they ceased to exist and a phoenix club using their name was fast tracked into D3, so your bet couldn't possibly have win"

well, precisely.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

I may be picking you up wrongly here but why would you refuse to give them the bookie's slip?

Sorry I miss read donaldo. I never refused I have lost slips on two occasions and been paid there and then by providing I'd and a bit of form filling.

11 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Sorry I miss read donaldo. I never refused I have lost slips on two occasions and been paid there and then by providing I'd and a bit of form filling.

Got you now. I think if you can roughly tell them what time you put it on,which shop and your bet/stake then it's usually ok?

On 1/15/2017 at 4:56 AM, macy37 said:

Mate is over in Germany and says there's been recurring renditions of ten German Bombers. Nice. 

Saw a vid on pusbook of them pumping it out. Wee runt right at the bottom of the vid is from the same part of Perth as I am. A horrible, bigoted little piece of shit he is. Absolutely hee haw to do with Glasgow and he travels to spout shite watching the Huns.