Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 260 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I have tried getting into this stuff but I just can't stay on it long enough to get all the nuances etc as it just gets all 'whataboutery overload' and I struggle to differentiate between those who are 110% tribal about it and who are right and the other side wrong, and those who make fair points. However.........would it be fair to say that, in very broad terms, it boils down to :

* Rangers/The Rangers/Secvo etc, and their supporters say it's the same club, with history and trophies all above board, but that the holding company changed hands, was liquidated and that it's that separation between 'Football Club' and 'Holding Company' that enables the CLUB to continue with unbroken history, while they are run by a new Holding Company ?

* A'bdy else says the Football Club and Holding Company were one and the same, you can't say we will keep the good stuff (honours) but the bad stuff (debts) is hee haw to do with us ? Therefore you get title stripped for cheating ?

I have tried getting into this stuff but I just can't stay on it long enough to get all the nuances etc as it just gets all 'whataboutery overload' and I struggle to differentiate between those who are 110% tribal about it and who are right and the other side wrong, and those who make fair points. However.........would it be fair to say that, in very broad terms, it boils down to :

* Rangers/The Rangers/Secvo etc, and their supporters say it's the same club, with history and trophies all above board, but that the holding company changed hands, was liquidated and that it's that separation between 'Football Club' and 'Holding Company' that enables the CLUB to continue with unbroken history, while they are run by a new Holding Company ?

* A'bdy else says the Football Club and Holding Company were one and the same, you can't say we will keep the good stuff (honours) but the bad stuff (debts) is hee haw to do with us ? Therefore you get title stripped for cheating ?

The new club argument is separate to the title stripping issue, if there even is one.

Rangers fans argument against the "title stripping" would be the SPL rules in place between 2001-2010 must be applied, there is nothing in the rules that allows the SPFL to strip titles, a tax debt is no different to any other debt at law, other clubs have incurred insolvency events and not been stripped of trophies and even the new spfl rules contemplate insolvency events and the punishment involves points deductions not removal of trophies.

The new club argument is separate to the title stripping issue, if there even is one.

Rangers fans argument against the "title stripping" would be the SPL rules in place between 2001-2010 must be applied, there is nothing in the rules that allows the SPFL to strip titles, a tax debt is no different to any other debt at law, other clubs have incurred insolvency events and not been stripped of trophies and even the new spfl rules contemplate insolvency events and the punishment involves points deductions not removal of trophies.

I think the argument is that the players were improperly registered as far as title stripping goes?

Due to the side letters and EBT payments that weren't included in the contract they submitted as their registration....

Apart from a lunatic fringe of the Celtic support, I don't think anyone really has any interest in title stripping.

(Always feel a bit sorry for clubs that get kicked out of competitions on these technicalities, where a sub came on at 4-0 in injury time and the likes)

I think the argument is that the players were improperly registered as far as title stripping goes?

Due to the side letters and EBT payments that weren't included in the contract they submitted as their registration....

Apart from a lunatic fringe of the Celtic support, I don't think anyone really has any interest in title stripping.

(Always feel a bit sorry for clubs that get kicked out of competitions on these technicalities, where a sub came on at 4-0 in injury time and the likes)

That has already been decided by lord nimmo smith when he gave the £250k fine. Unless people want that decision reviewed? But my understanding is people want a separate complaint because it involved non payment of tax. Hard to know what people want because it's such a scattergun approach without reference to the rules or powers of the SPFL.

As for "apart from lunatic fringe of Celtic support"... Have you read this thread recently? ;)

As for "apart from lunatic fringe of Celtic support"... Have you read this thread recently? ;)

To be fair, it would be funny as for all us non rangers fans!

Just keep the 2005 league cup though.

:(

And no retrospective punishment will take away helicopter Sunday.

Strange of O'Dea to say that giving how he finished second in the circumstances. Celtic blew the title in 2009 and were nowhere near Rangers in 2010.

He's entitled to his opinion same as anyone. No ones talking about taking the titles from Rangers and handing them to anyone else. If there has been cheating its about recording it for the record and no more.

Richard Wilson destroyed Spiers on BB Scotland. The latter got a little bit hysterical...Oh and Darren O'Dea was on calling for titles to be stripped...yes !!! Darren O'Dea :wink2: :wink2:

Funny how you can take something different from the same conversation. I thought Wilson came across as almost desperate in his defence of EBT's throwing Nimmo into the conversation randomly. I hadnt heard of him before and I genuinely thought he was a rep from one of your supporters associations.

Funny how you can take something different from the same conversation. I thought Wilson came across as almost desperate in his defence of EBT's throwing Nimmo into the conversation randomly. I hadnt heard of him before and I genuinely thought he was a rep from one of your supporters associations.

That's how it came across to me. I'm trying to picture Wilson, I think he might be the one with dark hair that looks a bit like a ferret with high blood pressure, but not sure. If it is him I've seen him in the stands at Tynecastle a couple of times this season.

Edit. Stopped being lazy and googled him. He's not the guy I was thinking of.

Edited by Pool Q

Paul Lambert just confirmed he's as thick as he sounds saying Rangers were demoted. No they weren't, they were parachuted straight into the Scottish Third Division

He also said the Scottish game is suffering because of this. No it isn't, only Celtic are struggling

The words "arse different the of cheeks same" spring to mind

Paul Lambert just confirmed he's as thick as he sounds saying Rangers were demoted. No they weren't, they were parachuted straight into the Scottish Third Division

He also said the Scottish game is suffering because of this. No it isn't, only Celtic are struggling

The words "arse different the of cheeks same" spring to mind

Lambert the the Rangers fan?

http://youtu.be/Rl4QMS0Zh_w