Series Worth Watching - Page 77 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

The Responder on BBC is very good. Martin Freeman is brilliant, what a versatile actor. The first episode I wasnt sure but it kept my attention and he was so good I watched another episode. Glad I did as it was a great.
Its quite strong Scouse at times but not enough to need subtitles. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

The Responder on BBC is very good. Martin Freeman is brilliant, what a versatile actor. The first episode I wasnt sure but it kept my attention and he was so good I watched another episode. Glad I did as it was a great.

Binged this last night, thoroughly enjoyed it, even the drug dealer's comedy scouse wig.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:34 PM, TDYER63 said:

Just finished it and it was excellent. Who would have thought that casting him as a crazy scouse copper would be a good idea? 😂 I thought the acting was very good throughout. Especially the neds. Very realistic.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Just finished it and it was excellent. Who would have thought that casting him as a crazy scouse copper would be a good idea? 😂 I thought the acting was very good throughout. Especially the neds. Very realistic.

😁 I always think Martin Freeman looks older than he really is but in this show he looks younger,  which only goes to show its not all bad being a crazy scouse copper. 

Yes, the acting was very good , I cant think of one bad performance. It was also pretty believable, possibly as it was written by an ex policeman. Programmes like Gomorrah and Ozark are really entertaining but are a bit far fetched, this manages to be tense but also seem real. My fist almost went through the TV whenever the WPC’s boyfriend came on , what a bastard he was. 

35 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Anybody else watching "Peacemaker"? didn't think I'd enjoy it but it's actually quite nonsensical fun.

No, not seen it, but I am bloody ragin as I signed up for Now TV for a few months so I could watch Curb Your Enthusiasm,  amongst other things .

I was on series 3 and turned on the TV the other night to find there was only Season 9 available , they have pulled the first  8 series of it. So I had to jump about 20 yrs forward 🙄 The men all look 20 yrs older but the women look 20 yrs younger . Still enjoying it though. Will need to try and find out how to watch the 6 missing series 😕

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

No, not seen it, but I am bloody ragin as I signed up for Now TV for a few months so I could watch Curb Your Enthusiasm,  amongst other things .

I was on series 3 and turned on the TV the other night to find there was only Season 9 available , they have pulled the first  8 series of it. So I had to jump about 20 yrs forward 🙄 The men all look 20 yrs older but the women look 20 yrs younger . Still enjoying it though. Will need to try and find out how to watch the 6 missing series 😕

Hate when they do that,, there's loads of apps out there that you can binge watch a lot of stuff,, mainly illegal but.

20 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Hate when they do that,, there's loads of apps out there that you can binge watch a lot of stuff,, mainly illegal but.

I went down that illegal route a few years ago , never again. I bought one of those ‘boxes’ from a guy who knows a guy.  
However, as well as not having a fookin clue what I was doing with it, someone got murdered not far from where I live and the police were doing door to door enquiries. They came into the living room to ask questions about where I had been at the time the guy was killed ( wtf do I look like a murderer ??)  and the dodgy box was sitting on the floor in front of the TV , I had been trying to tune it in or whatever you do. I must have sounded as guilty as hell  as I kept shifting my eyes over to the box whenever they asked me something .
Not only that, we had an ant infestation at the time and the floor was covered in white powder. I couldn’t get them out the house quick enough. 

On 2/5/2022 at 3:34 PM, TDYER63 said:

Really enjoyed it. Dark and funny. Martin Freeman was brilliant. 

Watched Tinder Swindler last night. Wtf. It is absolutely amazing what some folk are capable of and the naivety of others. I didn’t know whether to feel sorry for the women that were conned or give them a good shake.

Wont say anything but its worth a watch. Gobsmacked by the ending too , sometimes I really think there is no hope for this world. 

Cheery wee Saturday night review 😊

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched Tinder Swindler last night. Wtf. It is absolutely amazing what some folk are capable of and the naivety of others. I didn’t know whether to feel sorry for the women that were conned or give them a good shake.

Wont say anything but its worth a watch. Gobsmacked by the ending too , sometimes I really think there is no hope for this world. 

Cheery wee Saturday night review 😊

Just watched it too! I couldn't believe the outcome either!!