Series Worth Watching - Page 78 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 2/15/2022 at 7:22 AM, EddardStark said:

Velno - The Town on Lost Children is a compelling watch. On Sky Documentaries.  

Massive case surrounding reports of paedophilia which snowballed in to rumours of a satanic cult operating in the area. The accused still declare their innocence to this day. 

Was there not something about the orkneys years ago too?

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Its better than I expected but as with a lot of things its not as good as the book. The humour  from the book doesn’t quite translate as well , but I still enjoyed it. 

I haven't read the book so that probably helps.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:24 PM, Lamia said:

Enjoying This Is Going to Hurt. 👍

Aye it's good, loved the book.

Inventing Anna was ok, the journalist ripped my knitting though.

Pam and Tommy, be prepared for a talking penis

The book of boba fett, not really delivering, he's meant to be a bad ass bounty hunter, he's portrayed as a fat old man that can't be bothered

11 hours ago, chaff said:

The book of boba fett, not really delivering, he's meant to be a bad ass bounty hunter, he's portrayed as a fat old man that can't be bothered

I wanted to be Boba Fett when I was a kid so it's good to see that I've achieved at least one childhood dream!!

On 10/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, daviebee said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of Squid Game so far after seeing posts on here about it.  Absolutely magic.  Nearly p*ssed myself laughing on the first one when they shot all the eliminated contestants!  Never expected that at all.

Finally got round to watching this , small bonus of having a shit memory is that I completely forgot what you had said so didn’t spoil anything for me. 
I really enjoyed it , thought it was a clever concept but unfortunately a bit to close to the truth on the human race. Reminded me a bit of Lord of The Flies though admittedly it has been over 40 years since I read it. 

They will no doubt spoil it with another series. 

On 12/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, slasher said:

Is The Marvelous Mrs Maisel any good? We've watched a couple of episodes and I'm not quite sure what I make of it tbh 🤔

Did you stick with this ? 

We started it last week and watched 2 episodes. The next night went to watch episode 3 but did not recognise anything in the recap. We went back to look at episode 1 and it was not what we had watched the night before , we eventually realised we had been watching  Series 3 episode 1  the previous night 🙄It seemed really easy to follow  despite us having missed 2 entire series . This is the 3 rd time we have started watching a series halfway through and not even realised. 

I am quite enjoying it. It tries to be a bit too clever at times but the production is really good and its pretty upbeat . 

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Did you stick with this ? 

We started it last week and watched 2 episodes. The next night went to watch episode 3 but did not recognise anything in the recap. We went back to look at episode 1 and it was not what we had watched the night before , we eventually realised we had been watching  Series 3 episode 1  the previous night 🙄It seemed really easy to follow  despite us having missed 2 entire series . This is the 3 rd time we have started watching a series halfway through and not even realised. 

I am quite enjoying it. It tries to be a bit too clever at times but the production is really good and its pretty upbeat . 

Mrs Slasher called a veto on it about 6 episodes in I think. To be fair I found the lead character nauseatingly annoying so I wasn't arsed 👍

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Mrs Slasher called a veto on it about 6 episodes in I think. To be fair I found the lead character nauseatingly annoying so I wasn't arsed 👍

I totally understand why, I was a baw hair away from chucking it myself for the same reason. However the confusion over the episodes threw me a bit and moved my focus off of her 😁 

I think I might get past that as I am enjoying other things about it, though some other programmes I have watched have been spoilt for me because of one character . 

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I totally understand why, I was a baw hair away from chucking it myself for the same reason. However the confusion over the episodes threw me a bit and moved my focus off of her 😁 

I think I might get past that as I am enjoying other things about it, though some other programmes I have watched have been spoilt for me because of one character . 

Let me know how you get on with it, I might go back to it 👍