Series Worth Watching - Page 80 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 8:55 PM, dj mick said:

Anybody else hugely let down by the ending to Ozark?

I read this the other night and thought ’ I cant remember what the last episode was,  ‘ so had a look online but didn’t recognise anything about it at all.
Then I noticed that the  last few episodes have just been released last week. and that is why I dont bloody recognise it . I forgot it was being released in 2 parts , I havent actually seen any of them  and now I know the ending 😫 Honest tae fook I dont know how I manage to get by in life.

I started it last night and am constantly trying to erase the ending from my mind. 

On 5/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, TDYER63 said:

I read this the other night and thought ’ I cant remember what the last episode was,  ‘ so had a look online but didn’t recognise anything about it at all.
Then I noticed that the  last few episodes have just been released last week. and that is why I dont bloody recognise it . I forgot it was being released in 2 parts , I havent actually seen any of them  and now I know the ending 😫 Honest tae fook I dont know how I manage to get by in life.

I started it last night and am constantly trying to erase the ending from my mind. 

Try this.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:01 AM, TDYER63 said:

Liked the john boy character and also the pi from chicago

19 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Liked the john boy character and also the pi from chicago

I never realised it was John Boy,  it was my husband that recognised him, but as soon as you know it is him you wonder why you never seen it before. 
I am enjoying the series even though i know the ending. I was hoping my memory was bad enough that I would forget it again but naw, its there forever engrained in the wee bit of my brain I  keep for family birthdays. 

Finally started  watching Boardwalk Empire as I can get it on Now TV which I got half price for a few months. Big mistake. There are 7 series so that will be me sucked into paying full price. 

Enjoying it so far even though the main character gives me the heebie jeebies as he reminds me of Nigel Farage. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Finally started  watching Boardwalk Empire as I can get it on Now TV which I got half price for a few months. Big mistake. There are 7 series so that will be me sucked into paying full price. 

Enjoying it so far even though the main character gives me the heebie jeebies as he reminds me of Nigel Farage. 

That's a brilliant prog,, I may even watch it all over again.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Worth it, one of the best series ever for me.

15 hours ago, slasher said:

I quite liked it apart from the fact nobody offed that cow Wendy 👍

🙄 SLASHER !
Everyone is probably hoping she meets a nasty end and you have given it away. 

She plays the part really well , she really is awful. 

Not related to a specific  TV show but I got a new TV recently and I am not sure if I actually like how clear and perfect the picture is. My old Tv was 13 years old and we changed it as sometimes when it was a darkish scene there would be shadows. But i feel this new TV is a bit too perfect.Its ok for most things but with some dramas I feel the background settings look a bit ‘staged ‘ , my old TV was a bit grainy at times but it felt more natural. I have had it 3 or 4 months now snd not really getting used to it. Does anyone else get this with their TV ? 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, Lamia said:

Bit behind the times having not had a TV licence for 7 years so catching up on BBC player stuff and giving Killing Eve a go.

But watching Eurovision, I see you Susan 😂

On 5/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, TDYER63 said:

🙄 SLASHER !
Everyone is probably hoping she meets a nasty end and you have given it away. 

She plays the part really well , she really is awful. 

Oops sorry 🙈