Series Worth Watching - Page 72 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 12/14/2021 at 12:32 PM, vanderark14 said:

Yes, after dick pic gate it's the last episode. A great twist in the end too

Watched it last night. It really did crank it up a level šŸ˜‚Ā 
I am the only person who feels a wee bit sorry for Kendall ? They are all hideous characters Ā but he just seems a bit of a lost soul.Ā 

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched it last night. It really did crank it up a level šŸ˜‚Ā 
I am the only person who feels a wee bit sorry for Kendall ? They are all hideous characters Ā but he just seems a bit of a lost soul.Ā 

I am the same, I feel sorry for Kendall but then i hate him when he bullies GregšŸ¤£

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am the same, I feel sorry for Kendall but then i hate him when he bullies GregšŸ¤£

šŸ˜‚ yeah , but then again I want to give Greg a kick up the arse and tell him to get a back bone.
There are glimpses where most of them show a moment of weakness and you think ā€˜awe, deep down they must have a heartā€™ only for that to be destroyed seconds later when they say something hideous šŸ˜‚ Ā .Ā 

43 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

šŸ˜‚ yeah , but then again I want to give Greg a kick up the arse and tell him to get a back bone.
There are glimpses where most of them show a moment of weakness and you think ā€˜awe, deep down they must have a heartā€™ only for that to be destroyed seconds later when they say something hideous šŸ˜‚ Ā .Ā 

The next season is set up nicely because Shiv and Roman will no doubt want revenge.

I reckon Tom will get royally fucked in the next series

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The next season is set up nicely because Shiv and Roman will no doubt want revenge.

I reckon Tom will get royally fucked in the next series

I hope not , nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing Shiv get fucked , she is more frigid than my wee lady elf on the shelf.
Ā The way she treats Tom is terrible, in a show with not one redeeming character it really says something to single out the worst one. Ā You tend to think there is something actually wrong with Roman he is so bad, but Shiv is just genuinely horrible šŸ˜

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I hope not , nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing Shiv get fucked , she is more frigid than my wee lady elf on the shelf.
Ā The way she treats Tom is terrible, in a show with not one redeeming character it really says something to single out the worst one. Ā You tend to think there is something actually wrong with Roman he is so bad, but Shiv is just genuinely horrible šŸ˜

Shiv started out as the one who at least resembled a good person.

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Shiv started out as the one who at least resembled a good person.

She did , and i think that is what makes it worse. She has been sucked in by money and power. Ā I think as well, for me, and I know this is not very 2021, being a woman I tend to think woman are a bit softer and have more empathy ( cue the backlash šŸ˜¬) but she is so hard.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

She did , and i think that is what makes it worse. She has been sucked in by money and power. Ā I think as well, for me, and I know this is not very 2021, being a woman I tend to think woman are a bit softer and have more empathy ( cue the backlash šŸ˜¬) but she is soĀ 

I reckon Shiv is the one to eventually come out on top. The 3 brothers are mentally unstable, Tom showed a ruthless streak but I still think Shiv will eat him for breakfast soon. Greg is a simpleton

That leaves the Dad and Shiv

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I reckon Shiv is the one to eventually come out on top. The 3 brothers are mentally unstable, Tom showed a ruthless streak but I still think Shiv will eat him for breakfast soon. Greg is a simpleton

That leaves the Dad and Shiv

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I daresay you could be right.Ā 

PS The one person worse than Shiv could possibly be her mawā€™s new husband.Ā 

4 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Final series of Gomarra - La Serie now on Sky Atlantic. All episodes available.

Thereā€™s a ā€œmaking ofā€ documentary which Iā€™ve just watched as a reminder of the previous series, no spoilers from the new one. Ā 

Very interesting about how the characters and storylines evolved.Ā 

10 hours ago, aaid said:

Thereā€™s a ā€œmaking ofā€ documentary which Iā€™ve just watched as a reminder of the previous series, no spoilers from the new one. Ā 

Very interesting about how the characters and storylines evolved.Ā 

Thanks will have a look at that.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, dj mick said:

Finished it now, what struck me was the fact that I ignored the beatles for most of my life, never really bothered with them tbh,, but after watching this they are now firmly added to the playlist,, what an incredible group of talented guys, Mcartney was an absolute genius, Lennon was 100% a rocker and how much he was in love with yoko was off the scale. Ringo was very much a solid drummer and Harrison a brilliant but frustrated songwriter.

The fact that you seem them from start of knocking about some ideas in their head to a finished album and the rooftop gig? absolutely tremendous entertainment.

My take on The Beatles (Haven't watched the above)

McArtneyĀ  - best musician in the bandĀ 

Lennon - best songwriter in the band

Harrison - the quiet one but underrated by many

Starr - not even the best drummer in the bandĀ šŸ˜‚

Mental to think what they could have created, even if they had stayed together until only the mid-70's ??

Ā 

I think you do Ringo Starr a disservice.

Absolutely solid drummer and really added to what they did by being understated.

I'm a drummer, was never into the Beatles and had heard all the jokes about him but he really does give them a solid foundation

On 12/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, kumnio said:

Money Heist finished on Netflix, while the final season wasn't as good as the first, it was still an excellent series.Ā 

Cant get into Succession at all, every character is quite dislikable. Need to find a series that I like now..

Finished it last night and agree with this.Ā 
The first episode of the second tranche of this final series( episode 6) Ā I thought to myself ā€˜ sigh, they are just padding it out with shoot scenes and high octane musicā€™ . But they pulled it back and I ended up enjoying Ā the final series too, Ā even though it wasnt up there with the earlier ones.

Also watched one of the ā€˜behind the scenes ā€˜ documentaries which was quite good. You get the feeling the actors all loved being involved in it and not just because of its success.Ā 

7 minutes ago, phart said:

I got given the entire DVD collection of the Wire yesterday. I don't have a DVD player though will need to get an external one for my computer to watch them.

Ā 

Top tip, turn the subtitles on when you watch it.Ā 

The person who gave it to me said they were jealous as they wished they could get to watch it again for the first time.

It might be shite though. I need to source an external DVD player for my computer or i wont be watching it at all.

Anyone got any suggestions?

1 hour ago, phart said:

The person who gave it to me said they were jealous as they wished they could get to watch it again for the first time.

It might be shite though. I need to source an external DVD player for my computer or i wont be watching it at all.

The Wire is excellent and possibly one of the best series Iā€™ve ever watched. Ā Done the whole thing start to finish on a number of occasions.Ā 
Ā 

I bought a new laptop recently that didnā€™t have an internal CD/DVD drive. Ā I got one of these which does the job perfectly.Ā 
Ā 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rioddas-External-Portable-Rewriter-Desktop/dp/B07JGWBLVH/ref=asc_df_B07JGWBLVH/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310831391922&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10572241354958311140&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006906&hvtargid=pla-563826686293&psc=1

TBF, you can probably pick up a half decent Blu-ray player for under Ā£50 these days.Ā 

2 hours ago, phart said:

I have a spare dvd player cuttin aboot if you can get to pollokshaws for pickup?