Sectarian Singing - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

Scrap religion scrap the problem.

God's no real anyway, so can you get in to trouble for singing to someone who believes in someone who isn't really someone?

Your feked.The God casuals are coming after you.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auld Frank's always been a tad eccentric.

He did seem confused. I don't think he was on as one of the "experts" they usually have on but appeared to be just phoning in as a punter which made it even more bizarre.

If he was supposed to be an expert, the Booker needs to take a look at themself.

Scrap religion scrap the problem.

God's no real anyway, so can you get in to trouble for singing to someone who believes in someone who isn't really someone?

Or better.... folk could just avoid singing about slaughtering folk because of their religion.

Absolutely, I could agree with the Celtic fan caller who said most of his Rangers mates thought it was ok to be a 90 minute bigot. I've experienced that too, usually backed up by nonsense arguments like Flower of Scotland being every bit as offensive as The Billy Boys!

Everyone's offended these days.

I utterly condemn bigotry, racism and sectarianism. But, unless proper punishments and penalties are handed out for this it will continue and we will keep having these threads again and again.

We know what is sung at the games, it shouldn't surprise anyone, but unless the people in power do something then it won't stop.

I was playing 5s last night in atrocious weather at Townhead in Glasgow.

Few guys from work, some pals etc, a gather up.

Boy in a celtic top received a leg breaking challenge from a boy in a Rangers top. Wasn't intentional. Just a bad mistiming of the ball.

The Celtic boy got straight up and called him a dirty Hu.n and said it was because he was a Catholic he done him. Now the boy in the Gers tap is also a Catholic. These are grown professional men. I walked off before it kicked off.

People saying hu.n is akin to Tim are wrong. Hu.n is the equivalent of fe.nian but yet is deemed acceptable on here. I don't even think Tim should be acceptable as it's deemed to be a 'pape' or a Catholic.

People saying hu.n is akin to Tim are wrong. Hu.n is the equivalent of fe.nian but yet is deemed acceptable on here.

Nah.

With every post you only further expose your idiocy and your own prejudices.

Nah.

With every post you only further expose your idiocy and your own prejudices.

Or maybe you just enjoy being a wee bigot yourself along with your Ibrox disaster song eh Parky.

Ban the lot of the songs and words associated with it, and we get rid of all the little bigots including yourself and plenty on here.

Absolutely, I could agree with the Celtic fan caller who said most of his Rangers mates thought it was ok to be a 90 minute bigot. I've experienced that too, usually backed up by nonsense arguments like Flower of Scotland being every bit as offensive as The Billy Boys!

The exclamation mark makes it seem like the billy boys is mega offensive. If the word Fenian was taken out of that song it would be fine. Its offensiveness seems to have taken on mythical status.

The exclamation mark makes it seem like the billy boys is mega offensive. If the word Fenian was taken out of that song it would be fine. Its offensiveness seems to have taken on mythical status.

The exclamation mark is because of the ridiculousness of the comparison.

Flower of Scotland - A song referencing defending Scotland from an invading army of would be conquerors.

The Billy Boys - A song about slashing Catholics with razors in Bridgeton.

Flower of Scotland - A song referencing defending Scotland from an invading army of would be conquerors.

The Billy Boys - A song about slashing Catholics with razors in Bridgeton.

One man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter.... :sing::-)):whistling:

According to some reports SPFL will be powerless to take action against Rangers. Its a matter for Raith Rovers and crowd management.

rangers had some of their own stewards on duty but were oblivious to any racist or sectarian chanting

yet another sweep under the carpet by Doncaster

Edited by Langtonian

rangers had some of their own stewards on duty but were oblivious to any racist or sectarian chanting

You've been reading Rangers Media, the poster was banned after coming out as a Celtic Supporter. Rangers did not have their own Stewards.

What was the racist chanting? Hopefully you're not referring to the tweet Collymore deleted after making up that story...

Or maybe you just enjoy being a wee bigot yourself along with your Ibrox disaster song eh Parky.

Ban the lot of the songs and words associated with it, and we get rid of all the little bigots including yourself and plenty on here.

:lol:

What an embarrassment you are.