Sectarian Singing - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha......fair play, that did make me chuckle :ok:

I hold no grudges. You know the post I made that prickled you was not even directed at you. I had not read any of your posts in this thread. I don't mean to go on the offensive but it is a rough and tumble tamb world these days.

And as has been pointed out, that's clearly not the only meaning for some neanderthals. This is being pointed out by fans of other clubs, I take it you are choosing to ignore that?

As I said, I'm not bothered what the meaning of it is, was simply pointing out, that many DO think it has a religious undertone to it. I don't see how that is deflecting from anything. Read the thread, I've already made my view on the subject clear.

That said, you have proven time and again you are incapable of reasonable debate when it doesn't suit you, so I'm not altogether surprised.

Thplinth doesn't do debate when he's losing. Despite his flowery language and big head attitude he's just a typical wee boy when his logic is defeated and resorts to ostrich mentality or name calling.

There's little point discussing anything with him if you want an open minded intelligent debate.

Aye, in the run up to Manchester Duvz and Sleepy Boy were given the run of the place - 'GIRFUY' and 'I feel your pain' posts - the second the final whistle blew there was an immediate clampdown (complete with pinned warning) on anyone deriving the slightest bit of pleasure from the result.

I got a couple of days in the cooler for suggesting everyone watching the news that night / the next day would think all Scattish fit fans were fat, baldy, heavily tattooed louts.

Thought it was a bit harsh - I doubt even a Rangerz man like yersel was offended!

I got a couple of days in the cooler for suggesting everyone watching the news that night / the next day would think all Scattish fit fans were fat, baldy, heavily tattooed louts.

Thought it was a bit harsh - I doubt even a Rangerz man like yersel was offended!

Seems a bit heavy handed to me and I'm one of those touchy Rangers fans. ?

Not at all, I wasn't baldy back then.

I hold no grudges. You know the post I made that prickled you was not even directed at you. I had not read any of your posts in this thread. I don't mean to go on the offensive but it is a rough and tumble tamb world these days.

I'm on this board for bit of a crack with other fans. I was perhaps unnecessarily confrontational in my first reply to you but in my defence, You do come across as being quite arrogant and angry in a lot of your posts that I've read.

I'm on this board for bit of a crack with other fans. I was perhaps unnecessarily confrontational in my first reply to you but in my defence, You do come across as being quite arrogant and angry in a lot of your posts that I've read.

I manage to skip over your posts quite easily perhaps you should try the same with mine.

Incidentally you opened your dialogue with a few gratuitous personal remarks (and now you do it again as you close). And in between you whine like a cry baby about people being rude to you.

Archetypal huun behaviour in a way, acting the dick while painting yourselves as the eternal victims.

Thplinth is right,it's just Rangers fans trying to justify something that frankly isn't there.They are the only team in Scotland where a very large section of their support are openly sectarian and racist.

Whether you are going to the shops,a football match,a weekend walk sometime between May-September or voting on your country's future,This wife beating mob are always there spouting their warped centuries old bile.

They've disgraced this nation and their own football team all my life and no more so than the 19th of September 2014

Rangers FC and all the good folk who follow them deserve better.

Sectarian I'll give you but racist? Nah.

I manage to skip over your posts quite easily perhaps you should try the same with mine.

Incidentally you opened your dialogue with a few gratuitous personal remarks (and now you do it again as you close). And in between you whine like a cry baby about people being rude to you.

Archetypal huun behaviour in a way, acting the dick while painting yourselves as the eternal victims.

Ah the old 'you are playing the victim card'. Utter nonsense as you well know, although again I'm not surprised. Making things up to suit yourself seems par for the course.

Anyway I know I did, I just said the same thing and I stand by the comments. Anytime we have discussed anything on here you have acted like a knob. I was just pointing that out.

you kind of get the feeling with this that nothing will happen without some sort of fan pressure. Doncaster and the SPFL/SFA will do absolutely f*ck all to fix it. Like the correct action of starting rangers in div 3 post liquidation they were willing to do feck all about that until fan pressure was brough to bear.

we all know that sanctions against any clubs with fans involved in this sh*t could probably stop this rubbish very quickly. they just dont have the bottle/ will power to do it.

I must have been seeing things then, when I saw a guy punting the BNP Newsletter outside Ibrox.

On one hand the guys punting the BNP stuff (no idea if this still goes on) may not necessarily be Rangers fans and the club company can't do anything to stop them; on the other hand they obviously set their pitch up there in the expectation of punting a few copies.

Leader of Sons of Struth is on Sportsound right now and, despite being at the game, claims he never heard sectarian singing at the Raith game.

Utter cretin. Imagine him being the leader of a fans group. An apologist for bigots represents the fans involved in that group.

Does he maybe just think, incorrectly, that songs like Billy Boys, or No Pope of Rome aren't sectarian?!

That's the only thing I can think of - no way he never heard those songs being sung

Leader of Sons of Struth is on Sportsound right now and, despite being at the game, claims he never heard sectarian singing at the Raith game.

Utter cretin. Imagine him being the leader of a fans group. An apologist for bigots represents the fans involved in that group.

Auld Struth would probably have approved of his "Sons" anyway. Seeing as how he was by all accounts an anti-Catholic bigot, a brilliant football manager certainly, but a bigot nonetheless.

Does he maybe just think, incorrectly, that songs like Billy Boys, or No Pope of Rome aren't sectarian?!

That's the only thing I can think of - no way he never heard those songs being sung

He heard songs about Stan collymore. Apparently had to phone his pal the next day as he didn't believe the reports in the media.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

http://www.scotzine.com/2014/10/behind-the-face-of-sons-of-struth-is-an-unsavoury-past/