Sectarian Singing - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

And the clubs do feck all.

How many folk have Rangers identified and banned in the past 12 months for bigoted behaviour? Rangers stewards were in the crowd last Friday apparently, how many people have been banned from future Rangers matches due to what went on that night?

What was the official response from Rangers? 4 days of silence and then a mealy mouth statement which called bigotry "disappointing" and "inappropriate".

Oh aye, Rangers take this deadly seriously...

I can't answer your questions on numbers banned etc as I don't know.

But let's assume none, to start with.

That means the current board at the club aren't interested.

The only logical next step is for the SPFL or SFA to punish the club.

That's not being done either. Why not? Why are the rules not being either applied or updated to sort it out?

If the fans really care then they need to speak to the SFA or SPFL about it.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't answer your questions on numbers banned etc as I don't know.

But let's assume none, to start with.

That means the current board at the club aren't interested.

The only logical next step is for the SPFL or SFA to punish the club.

That's not being done either. Why not? Why are the rules not being either applied or updated to sort it out?

No board at Rangers has ever stamped down on this. They were too busy bringing out orange tops and pandering to it.

I agree that the rules must be updated and finally we seem to be getting a bit of momentum behind a movement for change in the rules and stronger action from governing bodies.

That's pretty impossible, because the really vocal OF fans are too busy denying responsibility and blaming the other side. There's no common front between fans of all other clubs, other than everyone is sick of the whole sectarian pish that envelopes both clubs.

The two clubs themselves are too busy pandering to 'traditions' and the lowest common denominator, and the SFA and SPFL are too scared.

That's pretty impossible, because the really vocal OF fans are too busy denying responsibility and blaming the other side. There's no common front between fans of all other clubs, other than everyone is sick of the whole sectarian pish that envelopes both clubs.

The two clubs themselves are too busy pandering to 'traditions' and the lowest common denominator, and the SFA and SPFL are too scared.

As much as I hate to agree with an Aberdeen fan you are right,

As a Rangers fan I am sick of the bile that our supporters sing, but there is nothing I can do to stop it, there has to be action from the authorities they must be proactive & start punishing the clubs & yes I DO want that to happen its the only way.Hitting the clubs with sanctions ie points taken off them might & I emphasise might help put a stop to the bile & it may also encourage fair minded supporters to start reminding these ####ers that they are costing our club points or fines etc, but in the end it wont end the sectarian issues that we have in scotland, but we might at least be able to control it for 90 minutes during the fitba

I honestly though maybe the sectarian pish would die out as we become a more inclusive society but sadly it will nver die, in the summer I was in rutherglen where I live & yet again got stopped by the polis to let the walk go up the main street, the thing that struck me was the amount of kids & young people marching in the walk, It struck me then that no matter what we as a society do, we will nver eradicate that from our country.

Agree with what you have written over the last couple of pages. Sanctions, for me anyway, are the only way there is going to be any sort of movement on this.

As bristolhibby says, self policing aint as easy as it sounds and in truth I dunno I would advise it because you are looking at a fight and/or a night in the cells for your trouble. The only fight I've ever been in at a fitba' match, in 27 years of going to games, was with my own supporters. A game at Tannadice we took exception to two idiots making monkey chants and told them to button it. The result was a burst mooth for me as we were followed outside and hit from the back. Don't get me wrong this was about 10 years ago and like most shytebags, they came off worse, but it gives an idea as to what you are up against. There is no way in hell I would risk my job/well being getting involved with khunts like that now.

Agree with what you have written over the last couple of pages. Sanctions, for me anyway, are the only way there is going to be any sort of movement on this.

As bristolhibby says, self policing aint as easy as it sounds and in truth I dunno I would advise it because you are looking at a fight and/or a night in the cells for your trouble. The only fight I've ever been in at a fitba' match, in 27 years of going to games, was with my own supporters. A game at Tannadice we took exception to two idiots making monkey chants and told them to button it. The result was a burst mooth for me as we were followed outside and hit from the back. Don't get me wrong this was about 10 years ago and like most shytebags, they came off worse, but it gives an idea as to what you are up against. There is no way in hell I would risk my job/well being getting involved with khunts like that now.

I agree totally. I wouldn't expect fans to risk their own safety by telling the Neanderthals to shut it.

Sad thing about modern Rangers fans is that not are they only anti RC they are now anti Scotland !!!!. Guy text Radio Scotland saying he sent back his season book as he is sick of the Anti Scottish stuff at Ibrox. They are driving away their decent fans. Maybe the knuckle draggers want that though. Seems they just thrive on hatred.

Sad thing about modern Rangers fans is that not are they only anti RC they are now anti Scotland !!!!. Guy text Radio Scotland saying he sent back his season book as he is sick of the Anti Scottish stuff at Ibrox. They are driving away their decent fans. Maybe the knuckle draggers want that though. Seems they just thrive on hatred.

Every single Rangers fan (and Celtic fan) I know personally is 100% Scottish and as big a Scotland fan as a supporter of any other club side.

Maybe I've just had the luck in avoiding all the arseholes.

Just because you don't think there is an issue with it, that doesn't mean you're not a bigot.

The term is used based on someones religion. The fact you cannot follow that, and peddle your on daft story on it shows more about your own intellect than mine.

But you live the life that you want to live.

Region? Seriously?

Care to elaborate?

As much as I hate to agree with an Aberdeen fan you are right,

As a Rangers fan I am sick of the bile that our supporters sing, but there is nothing I can do to stop it, there has to be action from the authorities they must be proactive & start punishing the clubs & yes I DO want that to happen its the only way.Hitting the clubs with sanctions ie points taken off them might & I emphasise might help put a stop to the bile & it may also encourage fair minded supporters to start reminding these ####ers that they are costing our club points or fines etc, but in the end it wont end the sectarian issues that we have in scotland, but we might at least be able to control it for 90 minutes during the fitba

I honestly though maybe the sectarian pish would die out as we become a more inclusive society but sadly it will nver die, in the summer I was in rutherglen where I live & yet again got stopped by the polis to let the walk go up the main street, the thing that struck me was the amount of kids & young people marching in the walk, It struck me then that no matter what we as a society do, we will nver eradicate that from our country.

Why does the rest of Scotland get fingered for this pish

Every single Rangers fan (and Celtic fan) I know personally is 100% Scottish and as big a Scotland fan as a supporter of any other club side.

Maybe I've just had the luck in avoiding all the arseholes.

Can't say the same unfortunately.

Know Celtic fans that support Ireland and Rangers fans that want Scotland to lose. A couple of them go a step further by supporting England into the bargain. I could go into the list of reasons for it, but it's pretty tedious stuff.

That said these folk are definitely in the minority (that I know personally) I travel to Scotland games with two huge Tims. It's never been a problem for us, in fact I've yet to see club fitba be an issue with any set of fans when on my travels with the national team. Lot of good natured slagging, but nothing more than that.

As it should be IMO

It's also known that Killie sing 'Killie Boys' with the same Rangers style add ons.

You've obviously missed the board and managers statement.

The one that mentions 'tiny Section of fans' and 'not just our club'

Laughable

Kenny McDenial

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change

You can support any National team you like. England, Ireland, Scotland or whoever. It is not a sign of bigotry or being anti Scottish (like voting no for example).

You'll be a Celtic fan then.

Who the f*ck supports another country over the one they're born and brought up in ?

Oh aye. 8th generation plastic paddies.... :rolleyes: