Sectarian Singing - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH Bruce, no. You come across as one of the decent Rangers fans on here but you can't actually bring yourself to condemn it outright.

Calling those singing the songs grossly stupid does not equate to condemnation?!

Of course I condemn these songs - they're idiotic.

Guy text Morning call other day saying he handed back his season book back as he was sick of the racism at Ibrox.It was anti Scottish stuff he was sick of !!!!!!

I blame the schools, having split schools really causes issues

Oh dear, not this baws again. Please explain why The existence of Catholic schools make some Rangers fans sing sectarian songs? There's two boys in my sons class ( Catholic School) who support Rangers, explain that? It's a bit like saying that the existence of Catholics itself is the reason Catholics are to blame for some halfwits inexplicable hatred of them

Oh dear, not this baws again. Please explain why The existence of Catholic schools make some Rangers fans sing sectarian songs? There's two boys in my sons class ( Catholic School) who support Rangers, explain that? It's a bit like saying that the existence of Catholics itself is the reason Catholics are to blame for some halfwits inexplicable hatred of them

I don't think thats what he's trying to say.

The fact that kids of different religions go to different schools is divisive. Kids pick on anyone that's different. I know I'm over simplifying but it's a fact.

The schools don't cause the problem but they do get in the way of curing it, in my opinion.

Compare & Contrast.

60,000 at CP last night, fantastic atmosphere, not a dodgy song or chant to be heard, praised europe wide.

Tonight, usual songbook, people watching the game oot their front windae.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

This is it in a nutshell. Now I'm in no way a fan of the green and white side of glasgow but there really is only one team that perpetuates sectarian behaviour in scotland.

The fact that kids of different religions go to different schools is divisive. Kids pick on anyone that's different. I know I'm over simplifying but it's a fact.

The schools don't cause the problem but they do get in the way of curing it, in my opinion.

Kids in our street go to 6 different schools, 3 non denom, 2 local authority catholic and 1 private catholic school. Funnily enough the kids from the non denom school kids who go to different non denom schools dont hate each other nor do the catholic kids that go to different catholic schools hate each other, not to mention that the catholic kids get on fine with the non denom kids. My eldest sons best pal goes to a non denom school. They dont seem to realise they should hate each other the dafties. However, my main question to you, given that you think different schools are divisive is can you explain to me why kids in the same street going to different non denom schools should be any more or less divisive than kids in the same street going to a catholuc school and non denominational schools? Whats the difference there? Edited by neilly71

My children went to school in Edinburgh , Borneo , York , Giffnock , Newton Mearns , Crosshill , Govanhill , Glasgow Uni , Cenral lancs Uni , my kids and I dont do religion and have never picked on any one who is different , PARENTS are The Problem , Kids generally do not pick on anyone who is different unless it is generated by the Parents , my kids have lived with Nepelese , malay , english , welsh , scots , germans , poles , Ibans , PARENTS teach their kids , not schools

Not really sure this is the place for another debate on schools. On the general topic of sectarianism, this is interesting though: http://www.gov.scot/publications/2005/01/20553/50500

Back on topic, looks like rangers fans' singing last night will be included in match report. As we are a first time offender, I expect a slap on the wrists.