Rangers V Hearts - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's to stop the ground freezing. If it melted snow, it would flood the pitch.

I'm not an expert but everything I can find on google says that undersoil heating is to prevent snow settling on the pitch. What about the games that went ahead today? Were their pitches covered in snow? If not, where did the snow go?

Edited by adamntg

I'm not an expert but everything I can find on google says that undersoil heating is to prevent snow settling on the pitch. What about the games that went ahead today? Were their pitches covered in snow? If not, where did the snow go?

The system is primarily to stop the pitch from being frozen. Most teams sweep snow off with some keeping snow on top for as long as possible to prevent the ground from freezing.

I heard Jim Spence interviewing the groundsman at Tannadice and his thoughts were that it was the areas of the goal mouth with no grass which were frozen as the other areas with grass had been offered some protection by the fact that the grass was there.

"The Rangers" should be fined for the game being called off and Hearts awarded a 3-0 win. Undersoil heating or not the snow should have been cleared off the pitch. They managed to clear parts of the pitch successfully, they should have done the rest, Quite pathetic but not surprising.

The system is primarily to stop the pitch from being frozen. Most teams sweep snow off with some keeping snow on top for as long as possible to prevent the ground from freezing.

I heard Jim Spence interviewing the groundsman at Tannadice and his thoughts were that it was the areas of the goal mouth with no grass which were frozen as the other areas with grass had been offered some protection by the fact that the grass was there.

A bit of irony there that a premiership groundsman is blaming the parts of the pitch with no grass on it for the match being off.

Question for Rangers fans on here but could apply to other teams as well -

Is there a tipping point for you when you see the behaviour of others that follow your club which would make you say enough is enough I don't want to be associated with that anymore?

They support a team which had an openly sectarian employment policy, what do you think?

A bloody tarpaulin over box should suffice ? No excuse.

Fair enough, your call.

Unfortunately that's how it's perceived though.

To ignore certain behavior and do nothing doesn't work for me. (There is no need to get physically involved either)

It's only perceived that way by idiots who see everything in black and white.

I've reported Rangers fans for their behaviour at games and I've reported Scotland fans at Hampden for their behaviour.

According to the losers on here though I'm scum.

The self important prigs on here are pathetic. As if any teams support in Scotland is whiter than white. And that includes the Tartan Army.

There are roasters in every support. It doesn't mean every supporter of that team is the same

When you lot grow up you'll understand.

I've reported Rangers fans for their behaviour at games and I've reported Scotland fans at Hampden for their behaviour.

The self important prigs on here are pathetic. As if any teams support in Scotland is whiter than white. And that includes the Tartan Army.

There are roasters in every support. It doesn't mean every supporter of that team is the same

But but but but sevco, huuns, deid club.....

"The Rangers" should be fined for the game being called off and Hearts awarded a 3-0 win. Undersoil heating or not the snow should have been cleared off the pitch. They managed to clear parts of the pitch successfully, they should have done the rest, Quite pathetic but not surprising.

So same for Dundee United then?

Edited by ibelieve!!!

So same for Dundee United then?

I think there's a case for United to answer, just as there is for Rangers. Unless there's a good reason for the frozen parts of Tannadice and for Rangers not sweeping the snow off I think a fine is justified. People spend a lot of time and money organising to go to football matches.

I think there's a case for United to answer, just as there is for Rangers. Unless there's a good reason for the frozen parts of Tannadice and for Rangers not sweeping the snow off I think a fine is justified. People spend a lot of time and money organising to go to football matches.

It's more understandable for a game to be abandoned due to a frozen pitch than snow on the pitch. Barren parts of the park are quite common at this time of year - remember Motherwell's tattie field........

But given how good the pitch was at Ibrox the other night in the sections that were brushed, why did the referee, the managers, the ground staff, BT (!), whoever not suggest a 10 min postponement to attempt to get other parts of the pitch cleared? It was astounding that it never seemed to be an option. And as for the League not supplying orange balls (an intentional decision according to Radio Scotland), again, where do you start and where do you stop analysing such irrationale decisions. Re the Ibrox game, it seems to me that referees are overly keen in Scotland to be the centre of attention - whether through bookings, red cards or dubious penalties, and Bobby Madden was certainly enjoying his moment in the spotlight on Friday night..........

It's more understandable for a game to be abandoned due to a frozen pitch than snow on the pitch. Barren parts of the park are quite common at this time of year - remember Motherwell's tattie field........

But given how good the pitch was at Ibrox the other night in the sections that were brushed, why did the referee, the managers, the ground staff, BT (!), whoever not suggest a 10 min postponement to attempt to get other parts of the pitch cleared? It was astounding that it never seemed to be an option. And as for the League not supplying orange balls (an intentional decision according to Radio Scotland), again, where do you start and where do you stop analysing such irrational decisions.

Exactly. There really is no excuse. They could have and should have delayed kick off to give time to clear the pitch.

That's fine, and well done you. Unfortunately not enough do.

The 'perception' was a generalisation towards every support.

You can put your toys away now...... ;)

Exactly. There really is no excuse. They could have and should have delayed kick off to give time to clear the pitch.

This is entirely within the referees control. It's all down to him. He chose to abandon the game and that isn't down to Rangers.

It's funny how so many folk on here who aren't Rangers or Hearts fans are so desperate for us to be fined. I don't remember this kind of outcry when other teams have had postponements. Motherwell would be the prime example of this.

This is entirely within the referees control. It's all down to him. He chose to abandon the game and that isn't down to Rangers.

I agree.

Something isn't 'right' though. Don't know what, maybe even the fact it was on tv had an affect.

Appears odd to start, then stop, when the pitch is in much better shape.

That's fine, and well done you. Unfortunately not enough do.

The 'perception' was a generalisation towards every support.

You can put your toys away now...... ;)

You've neatly avoided answering on the fact that the TA has some total s in it. Almost reminiscent of Ek_celt.

Toys were never in danger. I'm finding that this board is more and more anti-rangers with no consideration to the fact that the problems are by and large not the supporters fault.

The constant sweeping generalisations are boring but show the lack of intelligence of the poster, nothing else.

As long as you lot are happy in your wee hate filled bubbles.

It's funny how so many folk on here who aren't Rangers or Hearts fans are so desperate for us to be fined. I don't remember this kind of outcry when other teams have had postponements. Motherwell would be the prime example of this.

Hmm. Can't be bothered correcting you...

"The Rangers" have a 'duty of care' to their own players as much as the oppositions etc,why would they not clear the pitch? Stupidity imo. There was no valid reason why that pitch couldn't have been cleared and the game completed.

You've neatly avoided answering on the fact that the TA has some total bunny rabbits in it. Almost reminiscent of Ek_celt.

Toys were never in danger. I'm finding that this board is more and more anti-rangers with no consideration to the fact that the problems are by and large not the supporters fault.

The constant sweeping generalisations are boring but show the lack of intelligence of the poster, nothing else.

RB. You must be reading more into my last couple of posts than I've intended.

I am not knowingly avoiding anything, honestly.

My point is that we ALL have a responsibility to weed out the idiots. This isn't solely directed at RFC' support.

I genuinely have no idea what you think I am saying.

PS I do however consider it an honour to be mentioned in the same breath as EK in relation to 'avoidance' though. Thank you! :)

don't take it out on him that your plan was so ill-conceived.

More annoyed at being called out for it than ill conceived IMO.

Like when Ally asked Who are these people? and then plays innocent afterwards...of course they know they are invoking the threat of a seething mob of hate filled bigots descending on that targeted person's life to make it a misery. This is the hhun way, bully, intimidate, harass and if you can get away with it batter out of them.

I mean what do you think is going to happen inciting a mob of angry thugs to take direct action? A riot is the answer.

(Is Incitement to Riot not an criminal offence? Probably best not do it on here then eh.)

RB. You must be reading more into my last couple of posts than I've intended.

I am not knowingly avoiding anything, honestly.

My point is that we ALL have a responsibility to weed out the idiots. This isn't solely directed at RFC' support.

I genuinely have no idea what you think I am saying.

PS I do however consider it an honour to be mentioned in the same breath as EK in relation to 'avoidance' though. Thank you! :)

TBH I've probably overstated your skills but it felt like one of EKs body swerves, and praise is due for skill like that.

You've neatly avoided answering on the fact that the TA has some total bunny rabbits in it. Almost reminiscent of Ek_celt.

. Fux it got to do with me?