Jordan Mcmillan - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard an interesting story recently about an English club that laced the breakfast of a couple of high earners that they wanted off the payroll with coke.

Am I correct in saying that Leeds once looked to get someone to break Michael Duberry's legs so they could claim on the insurance to pay his wages?

I think the drink spiking thing is a bit of an urban myth. Admittedly when I've been in places where there is lots of drugs most people are out their faces anyway so it would be pointless.

2 years is a shocking decision

It does happen, I got spiked a few years ago with a hallucinogenic. It was my first night out in a while after recovering from pancreatitus (destroyed my liver and kidneys, I didn't get it sorted quick enough), I was just on the energy drink and was chatting to a girl in a club and when I went a way from her my mate said she was laughing with some guy. I thought nothing off it... Later on from what I was told happened (as I didn't remember much). In the club I thought my mates where a three headed monster trying to eat me, in the taxi I was stroking the drivers face saying how soft and beautiful his skin was, at home I was screaming that my dog was the devil and to get her our.

All in all not a pleasant experience lol

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

Was it not a pre-season friendly against Rangers?

I seem to remember it being Garry Kelly who legs they wanted broken in training, and Duberry was the guy who was going to be spiked.

Think it was all alleged during one of the leeds take over by a former director .

Could be wrong though

It does happen, I got spiked a few years ago with a hallucinogenic. It was my first night out in a while after recovering from pancreatitus (destroyed my liver and kidneys, I didn't get it sorted quick enough), I was just on the energy drink and was chatting to a girl in a club and when I went a way from her my mate said she was laughing with some guy. I thought nothing off it... Later on from what I was told happened (as I didn't remember much). In the club I thought my mates where a three headed monster trying to eat me, in the taxi I was stroking the drivers face saying how soft and beautiful his skin was, at home I was screaming that my dog was the devil and to get her our.

All in all not a pleasant experience lol

Lol, sounds like a top night out.

I once suspected me and a female friend I was out with had our drinks spiked in the tunnel, remember a couple of guys were talking to us for a while, then everything went a bit weird.

Could just be that they were talking to us at the point we went from feeling sober to incredibly drunk though? It is one of the very few times in my life I couldn't remember getting home and never had "the fear" like it before or since.

I reckon in a lot of cases folk haven't been spiked at all (much like the famous "dodgy pint" which is usually about the 10th or 11th :lol: )

I think there has to be an explanation as to why Livermore got no ban and McMillan got 2 years for a non performance enhancing drug

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34212358

Sounds like he had a rough year.

Not really sure it's a complete excuse, but then I hope I never find out how low he felt at the time (Although it was a year later...)

On the info in the public domain, Jordan McMillan does appear to have been pretty harshly treated, without having the luxury of being a millionaire footballer like Livermore too.

Given a 2 year ban from all sporting activity for testing positive for Cocaine.

He had claimed his drink was spiked but apparently his appeal failed.

Feel sorry for the guy, if true but if you let him away with it for that the whole drug testing system would be meaningless.

He is responsible for what goes into his system, no one else is to blame.

I think there has to be an explanation as to why Livermore got no ban and McMillan got 2 years for a non performance enhancing drug

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34212358

lack of consistency, but basically the english fa have shown leniency due to the death of livermores son. Where as Mcmillans defence was someone spiked me.

Feel sorry for the guy, if true but if you let him away with it for that the whole drug testing system would be meaningless.

He is responsible for what goes into his system, no one else is to blame.

I don't think anyone believes he was spiked?

I think I'm speaking for others too though when I say I think he should be punished, but that 2 years seems on the harsh side for a recreational drug (as opposed to performance enhancing).

I don't think anyone believes he was spiked?

I think I'm speaking for others too though when I say I think he should be punished, but that 2 years seems on the harsh side for a recreational drug (as opposed to performance enhancing).

Don't imagine he will get paid, unlike Rio Ferdinand at Mau Utd who still picked up his pay cheque every week for "missing" his drug test when he bolted away from the training ground.

Edited by Robroysboy