Films 2015 - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Watched Interstellar a couple of times over the weekend. Very disappointing. The whole 'Murph' sub-plot was giving me the serious boak. All the usual misandrist hollywood pish throughout. 4/10 max and that is only for the special effects. I am giving up on Hollywood Sci-fi, they are all honking PC hijacked arsegravy now, waste of time.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Interstellar a couple of times over the weekend. Very disappointing. The whole 'Murph' sub-plot was giving me the serious boak. All the usual misandrist hollywood pish throughout. 4/10 max and that is only for the special effects. I am giving up on Hollywood Sci-fi, they are all honking PC hijacked arsegravy now, waste of time.

I loved it but it seems to be a love/hate film.

Transhumanism is hollywood's new favouitrite plot twist.

I had the misfortune to watch Lucy starring that talentless boot Johannsen(?), absolute 24 carat crap with the same rubbish in it at the end.

Edited by thplinth

• 2 weeks later...

new Avengers film was decent but I'm growing tired of superhero films that have a final battle that involves the destruction of a town or city.

It was good to see more of Hulk but the film was too long for my liking and you could clearly see where cuts had been made in order to get the running time down. The initial cut was over 45 minutes longer.

Transhumanism is hollywood's new favouitrite plot twist.

I had the misfortune to watch Lucy starring that talentless boot Johannsen(?), absolute 24 carat crap with the same rubbish in it at the end.

I thought the premise was a good one and the first hour or so when her powers were strengthening was really interesting. I thought the film was going to ask some really searching questions about what it is to be human. Totally agree that the ending was just a contrived Hollywood cop out.

I thought the premise was a good one and the first hour or so when her powers were strengthening was really interesting. I thought the film was going to ask some really searching questions about what it is to be human. Totally agree that the ending was just a contrived Hollywood cop out.

Like you I quite enjoyed the first hour. But then you could see where the LSD kicked in for the writers at just past that point. The remainder of the film was the biggest pile of sh!t I have seen in a long time.

• 2 months later...

Watched Jupiter Ascending last night. Biggest pile of steaming cr@p I've ever watched. Seriously. I've seen some bad films, but this one takes the biscuit. I truly wanted to kill myself, but I turned it off after an hour instead. And whoever did the sound needs to find a new career.

Watching Boyhood right now. Quite enjoying it.

Watched Jupiter Ascending last night. Biggest pile of steaming cr@p I've ever watched. Seriously. I've seen some bad films, but this one takes the biscuit. I truly wanted to kill myself, but I turned it off after an hour instead. And whoever did the sound needs to find a new career.

Two words: Mila Kunis :wub: It's Oscar material.

The Jimmy Hunt in front of me on the plane when I flew back to Scotland a few weeks ago was watching it. I couldn't help but peer at it a few times. What a pile of keich that looks! :lol:

Ted 2 is the funniest film I've seen in years.Much better than the first Ted.

Literally gobsmacked at this. It's dreadful. Nowhere near the quality of the first one!

Has three or four big laughs in it and the rest is a complete chore. Doesn't even remotely compare to the original.

Literally gobsmacked at this. It's dreadful. Nowhere near the quality of the first one!

Has three or four big laughs in it and the rest is a complete chore. Doesn't even remotely compare to the original.

Literally gobsmacked haha!

I'm sure you'll get over it and we can move on with our lives

Jurassic World is utter sh!te.

Aye, it's no great, but it started to go downhill years ago when the raptors started communicating with the humans.

But compared to Jupiter Ascending it's Oscar material.

If you want a chilled couple of hours with a film where nothing much actually happens, catch Boyhood. Really enjoyed it.