Films 2015 - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It's going to take a lot of therapy but hopefully I'll be able to move past it, some day

Tell me the Liam Neeson scene made you laugh.The eyes on the wee bear made it.

Btw four people at work and up and coming Scottish comedian Scott Gibson agree with me.

"I can never say I love you but I can give you a handjob on the outside of your trousers while you eat an ice cream" Ted to Donny

Mate that was funny

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Spy last night.

That chubby lassie that's in everything the noo stars in it along with Jason Statham. Have to admit I was pishing myself a few times. Enjoyable nonsense.

Statham's quite amusing in that.

Statham's quite amusing in that.

He's made some cr@p in his time, but he's also made some really enjoyable films. Crank is excellent (love Amy Smart!), as is Snatch. Mean Machine is garbage, but the scenes where they go into Statham's head are pretty funny

Gid surname tae!

Seen a few films recently with some young English guy in them (he used to be in Skins on ch4?!)

Starred Up is just ok - quite violent prison film

Some film where he's a soldier that gets lost is the proddy part of Belfast was very good (maybe called '77' or something?

And Unbreakable, when he's a POW in Japan was also pretty watchable

edit: Jack O'Connells his name, and the films are '71' and 'Unbroken,

Edited by Maq

Already one of the most successful films of all time.... If there's money to be made they will find a way!

And who the feck would go and see it, when that one was utter excrement??!?

I was more meaning in terms of the story line. I can't see any way where they can possibly take it forward and still have the core "humans interacting with dinosaurs" thing going on. Surely after the last one the logical outcome would have been to nuke the island!

Unfortunately Parkie, as shite as the first (fourth?) one was, the $1.5bn+ it's taken at the box office means there are plenty of people out there who will be willing to watch the second one. Which I suppose answers my questions as well as they'll shoehorn some sort of story line in there no matter how ludicrous. I've actually been surprised at the amount of people I know who have seen this and said they thought it was good. I know you don't go to watch these blockbusters expecting to see the next Citizen Kane or Godfather but even by a "popcorn" films standards it was really, really poor.

I liked it :(

They over used the giant sea dinosaur but for what it was I thought it was alright.

I reckon I could have written the script and come up with the main characters. Rugged McHandsome and Prissy McButtonedup were so cliched and formulaic it was bordering on parody.

Watched Spy last night.

That chubby lassie that's in everything the noo stars in it along with Jason Statham. Have to admit I was pishing myself a few times. Enjoyable nonsense.

She really annoys me now. She was funny in Bridesmaids but is now turning in the same performance in every single role. Plus the English lassie with the dark hair who played her sidekick was bloody awful

Statham stole the show.

She really annoys me now. She was funny in Bridesmaids but is now turning in the same performance in every single role. Plus the English lassie with the dark hair who played her sidekick was bloody awful

Statham stole the show.

Some genuine laughs at Statham.

Aye yer probably right. Female version of Adam Sandler

How the fcuk can there be a sequel to it?

Iirc there was something about the military/black ops looking at the trained raptors to use as weapons so could be something to do with that. Certain there was a bit where someone stole something to do with that

• 2 weeks later...

Mad max fury road

Didn't think it could live up to the hype but it just blew me away. How the badger could anyone dream it up and how relentlessly difficult must it have been to shoot?

flipping insane and so enjoyable. The 2

I enjoyed Mad max for what it was... was it supposed to carry on from Thunder Dome? Just didn't really get any background story to it or really get attached to any of the characters.

Mad max fury road

Didn't think it could live up to the hype but it just blew me away. How the badger could anyone dream it up and how relentlessly difficult must it have been to shoot?

flipping insane and so enjoyable. The 2

The fact that George Miller is 70 now makes it even more impressive.